new here......about my car

This is a discussion on new here......about my car within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have had my rex for over a year now. Itís a 2003 sonic yellow. I have a 3Ē cat-back ...

new here......about my car

I have had my rex for over a year now. Itís a 2003 sonic yellow. I have a 3Ē cat-back from Subaru and a k&n drop in. I donít know what I want to do next but I think I wan to do some suspension work. I was thinking about the eibach lowering springs, cusco sway bars and front strut tower brace and the cusco rear cross brace. What do you think? I want my car to handle better before I make more power. I also need new tiers. I had the perilli p6000 that came with the car on the oz rims and was not to impressed with them. I want a good sticky tire that will last a few seasons. I live in eastern CT and am also interested in getting in to auto-x. I have snow tiers on steel rims so I can go with a good street tier, that does not suck in the rain.

I also have two gages that I have not put in yet. A boost gage and oil pressure gage. I was going to put them on the pillar but I think it would get in the way. I like the delfi cluster in the dash but the auto meter gauges are too small and I cant return them. I do like the gage mounting that has two that mount behind the steering wheel. Does the color match?

If any one can help let me knowÖ.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome!

I can't speak from experience on the gauge mounts that you speak of, because I've only got the factory boost gauge. However, a LOT of info and pics on this topic can be found in the "Gauge Mounting Options" stickey in the "Cockpit and Cabin" forum (LINK HERE ).
    -Lee

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club... Enjoy
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

There is an adapter out there that places a 52mm gauge in the defi cluster, I know because I have one. Unfortunately, it came as a package (used) and I can't tell you where to get the individual pieces. As far as the mount behind the steering wheel, some come the right color and some you have to paint. Hit up H2020WRX (or something similar to that, you'd have to search for his name) on NASIOC, he has one already painted for sale.

As for the suspension, that's a good start. You'll like the Cusco pieces, that's what I've got on my car. Just a little advice, do lots of searches before you ask any questions in the main forums. A lot of the easier questions have been asked already numerous times.

welcome to the club
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

welcome buddy
    i'll take care of you tire question:
    if you have snow tires and you think about autox, look into new Falen Azenis tires. they're hands down best autox tire and the new ones are supposed to have better wet traction. They are also awesome on the street, maybe a bit more noisy than most of the tires but it's worth it. Also i don't think any tire will last you a few seasons, especially if you want to compete a bit.
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

This is the one I have. It's from autometer ,52mm gauges and the color matches perfect.

Welcome to the Club
    Pete.

Welcome!

vendeta2k
    Accessport + COBB SF Intake = BEST MOD EVAR!!!!!

welcome to the site.
    2005 STi
    1993 Typhoon
    1997 Cobra