new guy with questions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on new guy with questions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ok im new here, and i am going to be getting a bugeyed 2.5rs. im looking into parts and stuff ...

new guy with questions

ok im new here, and i am going to be getting a bugeyed 2.5rs.
    im looking into parts and stuff and i noticed that alot of companies dont list the 2.5rs.
    i was wondering if goodrich's brake lines for a wrx would fit a 2.5rs? i dont see any reason why they wouldnt. to my memory the 2.5 and wrx have the same brakes.
    also i took notice that goodrich makes clutch lines for the wrx. i was wondering if these might fit and if this is a worthwhile part?

i plan on turning the 2.5 into a daily driven track car with some good looks, but im not going to be able to dump loads of money in it too quickly. im currently making enough money to get a wrx but my girlfriend and i are going to be moving together and that would make money extremely tight so i opted for the 2.5rs, not too mention since my luck with cars is rather poor i decided that the 2.5 would again be the better choice.

bad luck (and a few bad moves) = 4 cars in as many years.

continue reading if you wanna hear some crazy/stupid stuff

-1993 subaru legacy l white auto fwd $6000- got the car 2 months after graduation in 2001, it was a hunk o junk that ate axles. it was on its second transmission($1000), fourth set of axles ($200 per set) and its drivers side head had warped (more money than i was about dump in the car again). by that time my step dad paid the car off behind my back and i shipped it to the junkyard. it was a lemon from the get go.
    -1977 toyota celica gt black 5 speed $2000- saw it at an exhaust shop and fell in love with it. on the drive home the taillights went out, then after having fixed that it ran for about a week when the cars headlights went out coming home from the mall. decided to drive rest of way with high beams on backroads, about 4 miles from home they went out. so i drove 4 miles with the 4-ways. the next day i headed out to get a chilton manual to repair the wiring and it died 6 miles from home($150 tow). gave to friend who wouldnt have his liscense for a couple years so in the mean time he could fix it for when he gets it back.
    -1995 dodge neon sport black 5 speed $3000- bought off room mates mom, ran great then the egine unexplainably ate a rod bearing and toasted its block (wasnt driving hard either only made it outta the driveway and maybe 50 ft down the road so pushed it home). a friend was trying to get rid of a sohc neon with major roof damage (tree vs roof, but driveable enough to get it to my house $800) so now i had a new motor. dropped it in($500) and kept old dohc head to mess with. on the way up rt283 heading towards harrisburg the water pump died ($250 to tow home) and most likely kicked the timing and im currently finding out if head is toasted.
    -1989 honda civic dx hatch red 4 speed $800- bought as a go getter. ran terrific, had ricer parts on it but they were bareable. on the way home from parts store (parts for the neon) an old man runs stop sign in front of me. 89 civic vs 78 caprice station wagon.

so with the money i get from the civic im taking care of the neon (getting it running again) and im gonna use it and my tax returns as down payment on 2002 or 2003 subaru 2.5rs 5speed hopefully in aspen white.

so 4 cars (technically 5 if you count the parts car) and about $15,000 dollars later what have i learned from all of this?
    -buy a new car or almost new car because then it is less likly for other people to have screwed the car before you
    -stay on top of all maintenance no matter how small or how far you think you can push it before you have to replace/fix it
    -try and keep atleast a $1000 for which to fall back on in case all other preparations dont work
    -dont let idiots drive your car ever
    -lastly dont drive any backroads in lancaster county (or other amish infested counties) on sunday nights especially, because the amish are out in full force and do whatever they want to including (but not limited too) - horse and buggy drag racing, 20+ groups walking down road taking up whole road, 5-20 buggys in a row following each other making it impossible to pass, slow moving steel wheeled machinery, four horse teams on road with giant farm machinery in tow etc etc.

ive got a few friends who own subarus
    -1998 subari legacy l white auto awd
    -2002 subaru wrx sedona red 5 speed - lotsa parts
    -2002 subaru wrx wr blue 5 speed - with parts but traded it in on an srt4
    -2002 subaru wrx silver 5 speed - some parts
    -2004 subaru wrx sti silver 6 speed - axle back exhaust
    and thus my faith has been restored in this brand

any suggestions are welcome. yes i have thought about giving up on cars and getting a bicycle, before you type that lol

thanks
    better luck this time around hopefully

-erk
    Last edited by skeziks; 02-08-2005 at 11:46 AM.
    the pursuit of happiness through driving sideways amidst clouds of smoke, the howling of tires. the ecstacy of drifting. . . . .to become a tarmac samurai.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wow! Be careful, and welcome. Don't let any of those bad vibes loose on here!!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

what oxford are located in? Im in Oxford Ohio. Good luck w/ the rs. I love my suby

Welcome to the site

Welcome to the club, and post pics
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    Have you considered getting a '98-'01 2.5RS at all? They'll be less expensive (more money for mods), as well as several hundred pounds lighter than a '02+ RS, so it might be a better track car than a newer model. Plus, they are infinitely better looking.

Not that I'm biased or anything.

Welcome
    Pete.

welcome to the club
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Quote Originally Posted by zoophagy
    Have you considered getting a '98-'01 2.5RS at all? They'll be less expensive (more money for mods), as well as several hundred pounds lighter than a '02+ RS, so it might be a better track car than a newer model. Plus, they are infinitely better looking.

Not that I'm biased or anything.
    actually id rather have the old bodystyle but finding them is hard, well atleast 2 door manuals are anyways, not too mention it seems everytime i find one its either spending time in collision repair or is gone already. i dont want a 4 door version because if i got that then id constantly be kicking myself cause then i couldnt do the 22b wide fenders. besides i was hoping to get something with a little warranty on it, given my streak of luck so far.

down the road however when im settled in and the bugeye is paid off, i plan on getting an old one and stripping it down, 22b fendering it and just plain going nuts. most guys in my area grow old and build up 69 camaros or mustangs i plan on growing old while building myself the ultimate gc8 . . . or atleast i can dream lol

-erk
    the pursuit of happiness through driving sideways amidst clouds of smoke, the howling of tires. the ecstacy of drifting. . . . .to become a tarmac samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by roo21
    what oxford are located in? Im in Oxford Ohio. Good luck w/ the rs. I love my suby

Welcome to the site
    im from oxford, pennsylvania

That's cool. They definitely are hard as hell to find. I think I bought the only one in Ohio that was for sale when I bought it. I really wanted a sedan as well, but the closest one I could find for sale was in MA, so I decided to just settle on a sedan, and I haven't really had any regrets. I'm sure you'll have fun with whatever you get. And remember, any EJ series engine will go into any car that originally had an EJ powerplant.

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by STiguy
    Welcome to the club, and post pics

+ 1

Welcome and Enjoy
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

a wrx is only a couple thousand more than the rs. just save up the money and buy one..... this is "clubwrx" not "club single over head cam non turbo".... do your self a favor and get a wrx
    whats a signature?

Quote Originally Posted by hksimprezawrx
    this is "clubwrx" not "club single over head cam non turbo"....
    Just for kicks, I did a Google search under your name, and this is what I found:

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by hksimprezawrx
    a wrx is only a couple thousand more than the rs. just save up the money and buy one..... this is "clubwrx" not "club single over head cam non turbo".... do your self a favor and get a wrx

Ha Ha
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails owned.jpg  
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    every time anyone asks to drive my car - even valets I say "no". when they say "what's the big deal?" I say "would you let someone wear your underwear? would you let someone have sex with your girlfriend? ....same thing."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast