new guy with questions - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on new guy with questions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by hksimprezawrx a wrx is only a couple thousand more than the rs. just save up the money ...

Quote Originally Posted by hksimprezawrx
    a wrx is only a couple thousand more than the rs. just save up the money and buy one..... this is "clubwrx" not "club single over head cam non turbo".... do your self a favor and get a wrx
    Though the name of this forum is technically ClubWRX it is more like ClubWewelcomeanycarenthusiastandcantstandpeoplewho bashourmembers.

Take this as a formal warning. Work on your attitude and respect the other members.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Hey Erc...didn't realize it was you 'till about halfway through the post. You stories remind me of the badluck-schleprock character that used to be on the "old" flintstones cartoon.

Glad to see you finally jumped on the board. I like your plan of going coupe followed by 22B conv. Nice route and one of the best looked scoobies out there.

btw..this is Scott on this end.

Here about my dyno yet
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

I Support ClubWRX
    Hey Erc...didn't realize it was you 'till about halfway through the post. Your stories remind me of the badluck-schleprock character that used to be on the "old" flintstones cartoon.

Glad to see you finally jumped on the board. I like your plan of going coupe followed by 22B conv. Nice route and one of the best looking scoobies out there.

btw..this is Scott on this end.

Hear about my dyno yet?
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by zoophagy
    Have you considered getting a '98-'01 2.5RS at all? They'll be less expensive (more money for mods), as well as several hundred pounds lighter than a '02+ RS, so it might be a better track car than a newer model. Plus, they are infinitely better looking.

Not that I'm biased or anything.
    +1 and skeziks you paid 6k on a '93 legacy? how many miles were on it?
    2000 2.5RS I <3 JDM IH8M

Quote Originally Posted by zoophagy
    Have you considered getting a '98-'01 2.5RS at all? They'll be less expensive (more money for mods), as well as several hundred pounds lighter than a '02+ RS, so it might be a better track car than a newer model. Plus, they are infinitely better looking.

Not that I'm biased or anything.
    you got my support on the looks Zoop
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

did i really come off thaat rude?----- lol, im sorry let me refraze my post.... a wrx is only a couple more thousand than an rs and the power potential and the upgrades are well worth it. iin my opinion you should get a wrx rather than buy an rs and mod it. sorry if i sounded like a jerk before.
    whats a signature?

Quote Originally Posted by 2point5ohyes
    +1 and skeziks you paid 6k on a '93 legacy? how many miles were on it?
    well when i got it back in 2001 it had 50 going on 60,000mi if i remember correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    Here about my dyno yet
    hey scotty!
    yeah brad told me that you dynoed and that it was higher than it should have been for your sti, guess thats why your one of the only guys pulling 12.9 stock. what was the actually hp and lb/ft #s?

oh and i just got off the phone with the insurance company with some quotes and a wrx is more affordable than previously thought $100 more a month than my insurance on the neon(about $314 a month, still alot), so i was calculating. i can afford a highmileage wrx sedan or a wagon. wagons seem to be going for $3 - 4,000 less on average with less miles to boot. i think i might just go ahead and get a wagon, cause as time goes by, the wife wants room enough for kids, i will still have a wagon and i will still have a wrx. still gotta think about it though itll still make money real tight because i make between $1400 and $1700 a month my health insurance isnt being taken out yet either.

i still havent got the insurance money from the civic and i still havent done my taxes yet so ill make a decision once i know how much i can fork out for a down payment.

-erk
    the pursuit of happiness through driving sideways amidst clouds of smoke, the howling of tires. the ecstacy of drifting. . . . .to become a tarmac samurai.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12