my first WRX!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on my first WRX! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone, im new, i got my first WRX yesterday!. its an 02' black and pretty much stock. i dont ...

my first WRX!

Hey everyone, im new, i got my first WRX yesterday!. its an 02' black and pretty much stock. i dont know much about modifying these cars, or any for that matter, but i want to get into it. what are some reasonably priced things i can do to it to get a few extra horsepower, and make it look even better?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congrats on your purchase first of all! Since you are in the exterior and appearance forum I will go and try to make an attempt to give you some suggestions to make your car look beter. You could get.... You could look into a body kit of somekind, I am personally not a fan of very many but you could look for yourself... you could get clear corners, different headlights, tint your windows, get new wheels, paint your own (do a search this is a cheap alternative for a better look in my opinion).

good sights are www.vividracing.com (although I have never purchased anything from this vendor I hear that at times they have been shady so you may want to look into the vendor forums and look and see if people are having good experiances with then again. None the less it is a large website with lots of parts etc...especially body kits)

As for power mods which I believe should be done before you start getting into body kit etc... are...

uppipe
    downpipe
    exhaust
    engine management, a reflash would probably be perfect for you, like Cobb, ecutek. Check out cobbs website www.cobbtuning.com. (dont get a boost controller)
    Intercooler hoses
    gauges (boost, egt, water temp) something like that but boost and egt are probably the most important for a turbo car.

Other than that just stick around start reading post in engine performance and you will start to catch on. Other great resources are www.nasioc.com, www.wrxforum.com those are my favorites at the moment.
    2004 WRX completely stock! And becoming even more stock daily.

thanks for your help, i have plans on tinting the windows(probably the first thing i will do) wheels may be a while since i am broke... i dont want to lower my car, and i think i want to avoid a body kit too, since these cars are raced offroad i think its kinda wierd to lower it all the way, i kinda want a "rally look" to mine i think....

Congrats on your 02 Welcome to the Club.
    Pete.

Welcome to the club!
    vendeta2k
    Accessport + COBB SF Intake = BEST MOD EVAR!!!!!

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    BUGEYE FOR LIFE

Welcome to the club
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

im new too

I am also new and i just got a 2005 wrx sedan. But congrats on the wrx thats awesome what mods are you planning on doing?

Welcome to the club d00d!

Mods?

What Type Of Up Pipe And Down Pipe Should I Get?

hey d00d post pictures whenever you can too

what type of car do you have and send some pictures if you have them. If so what upgrades do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by t-rx
    what type of car do you have and send some pictures if you have them. If so what upgrades do you have?
    Here is my baby.... 100% stock I have to say ... but thats going to change pretty soon

Quote Originally Posted by CUBUFF
    . good sights are www.vividracing.com (although I have never purchased anything from his vendor I hear that at times they have been shady so you may want to look into the vendor forums and look and see if people are having good experiances with then again. None the less it is a large website with lots of parts etc...especially body kits)
    Vivid is a good site to look at things you want but I wouldn't recommend ordering from them. Enjoy your WRX they're a lot of fun and there's a lot of things you can do to them.

Welcome to the Club...congtars on the car...you'll love it...I know I do...Even after all the Cash I've thrown at her to keep her on the road

One more Bugeye.....BUGEYE FOR LIFE
    2005 Crystal Gray Metallic 2.5 RS Impreza - Stock and slow

2002 Aspen White Impreza WRX - SOLD
    APEXI Turbo Timer
    Stoptech Stage 2 Brakes
    Spec Clutch Stage 3 Clutch
    STI RA Gears - Blown
    SPT Short Shifter
    Continental ContiExtremeContacts

That's right, look on Vivid, but don't buy from them. I've had a lot of good experience with www.gruppe-s.com or try www.oakos.com. There are a whole lot more out there. Just google "WRX parts" and you'll find some good ones. As far as exhaust components go, I have the Helix uppipe and downpipe. Both are very good quality. Many, many people use Helix and are very pleased. Welcome to the club and enjoy that Rex.

psycho
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast