I'm New

This is a discussion on I'm New within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey what's up guys? I'm new here I drive an 03 WRX just wanted to say hey....

I'm New

Hey what's up guys? I'm new here I drive an 03 WRX just wanted to say hey.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey!
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Welcome to the club!
    vendeta2k
    Accessport + COBB SF Intake = BEST MOD EVAR!!!!!

welcome! done anything to it yet?
    Dave
    01 RS

Quote Originally Posted by bigd
    welcome! done anything to it yet?
    yeah i've had it for a little over 2 years so I have a TurboXS FMIC, TurboXS RFL, Perrin Crank Pulley, Greddy oil catch can, JDM headlights, Tein SS coilovers, Kartboy short shifter and bushings, Sparco Torinos, Sparco 4pt competition harnesses, Sparco shift knob, Apex-i turbo timer, Apex-i rev/speed meter, Autometer boost, oil pressure,A/F gauges, Perrin up-pipe, HKS Hi-power exhaust, HKS downpipe( i know i want to get rid of it for a Perrin one but other things have to come first), 17"OZ superleggras, Cusco 40mm rear strut bar, Cusco V-brace, and I think that is it. I hope to do a lot more this summer when I get back home to Indiana and get a summer job.

woot... sounds like quite teh project car.. pics!

how do you like the Tein SS? I've been looking real close at the SS or the Flex, i'm probably gonna end up with the Flex, but have wondering if the SS would be a good choice to save some cash.. i'm looking for an adjustable shock, the edfc is definitely tempting for track days. performance for twisty mountain roads, but drivable daily.. the spring rates on the Flex is the only disconcerting thing, but the more i hear is that they're not bad.
    Dave
    01 RS

woot... sounds like quite teh project car.. pics!

how do you like the Tein SS? I've been looking real close at the SS or the Flex, i'm probably gonna end up with the Flex, but have wondering if the SS would be a good choice to save some cash.. i'm looking for an adjustable shock, the edfc is definitely tempting for track days. performance for twisty mountain roads, but drivable daily.. the spring rates on the Flex is the only disconcerting thing, but the more i hear is that they're not bad.
    The SS's and Flex's are real close to the same thing the SS's are just made for daily driving and weekend racing. The ride on the SS's are a lot softer and the Flex's are a lot more stiff for track racing. If you're going for a lot of track racing then Flex's are the way to go. The EDFC is nice I want to get that sometime it would be a lot easier than having to take the back cushion of the seat out to adjust the dampening. I'll get some pics and post them for you.

pics....

another picture sorry about them being so big it wouldnt let me shrink them.

and another.....
    Last edited by coolcatcolin; 02-04-2005 at 08:49 PM.

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Nicely done man!

Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s
    Nicely done man!
    Thank you I appreciate it.

Welcome ! enjoy the boards

very very nice.

the reason i'm considering the Flex is that the SS arent a whole lot stiffer than my stock springs (STi). but, each system can accept spring rates +/- 110lbs/in. I dunno.. I'll need to make a decision in the next month or so. Thanks for your input! Do you have any rust on your SS's? I've heard rumors that they show rust after some time.
    Dave
    01 RS

very very nice.

the reason i'm considering the Flex is that the SS arent a whole lot stiffer than my stock springs (STi). but, each system can accept spring rates +/- 110lbs/in. I dunno.. I'll need to make a decision in the next month or so. Thanks for your input! Do you have any rust on your SS's? I've heard rumors that they show rust after some time.
    Nope no rust at all. It all comes down to the ride, if you want the softer ride get the SS's if you want the stiffer ride get the Flex's they both have 16 way adjustable dampening and both support the EDFC and lower the same amount. The SS's can still get pretty stiff, they're noticeable stiffer over stocksuspension on my WRX but I don't know how an STi's suspension feels. If you're worried about the ride being too soft definetly get the Flex's then. Just my opinion.

thanks!
    Dave
    01 RS