Yeah Newbies!!!!

This is a discussion on Yeah Newbies!!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone, names matt have a 04 impreza RS, looking to start with an engine swap with a NEW ECU, ...

Yeah Newbies!!!!

Hey everyone, names matt have a 04 impreza RS, looking to start with an engine swap with a NEW ECU, then exaust, some other things, love impreza's,love talking about imprezas and i love learning about em, if anyone has any suggestions or anything just let me know! thanks,

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It would be cheaper to trade in your new RS and start out with a WRX. A full engine swap with all the other boltons will run you right into new STi territory.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome....and best of luck w/your car...!
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

i got prices in the 1800$ range

I've gotten some prices in the 1800-2800 $ range for the engine, and the labour i can do for free (yes for cousins) so i really dont think trading in and going for a new WRX is the way to go, i could be wrong, plus it's a wagon too, (ultimate sleeper wagon is what i'm going for) i've done a few things to the body already really not looking to sell the whole car... but more insight would be much appreciated

Nice! Welcome to the club and I am eager to read about and see the updates if you pull it off! How difficult will the wiring be?
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

thanks for the warm welcome!

well from what i've herd, if i swap with a pretty recent wrx engine (prolly a 02-03) it should really just snap back in, i got a price back from autotrader on a wrecked wrx (the engine was saved thank god) on a 03 with 68 000 clicks, there asking 2400 american, wich is i think incredible, hard to believe almost, so i'm going to make that buy and my cousin (he's a ford guy) says he knows a guy that say's (all hear say i know) he can pop it in no problem, i just need to get the ECU asap

Welcome and good luck!
    vendeta2k
    Accessport + COBB SF Intake = BEST MOD EVAR!!!!!

Welcome
    Pete.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Clubwrx.net
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

hey guys another quick newbie question. I can get some WRX heads for a really good price. But he doesn't have the short block to go with it, Can i use the short block i already have and just switch the heads? and is it the heads that have all the things that make a wrx go? Like the turbo ect... i need help, got i wish i wasint a newb And if the heads were all i needed i know i'd need to get the ECU but what else would i need?