Factory Alarm help.

This is a discussion on Factory Alarm help. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi im a new here i just picked up my 2002 wrx a few days ago and im not sure ...

Factory Alarm help.

Hi im a new here i just picked up my 2002 wrx a few days ago and im not sure if my factory alarm is broken or if im doing somthing wrong or what but what i thought u were just supposed to press the large button on the remote once and the alarm would be set. I thought the alarm would go off if i tried to pull the handle up or if i shook the car but it doesnt. I got the alarm to go off once by pushing the larger button once and then opening the trunk with the key and it set the alarm off. I didnt try that with the doors. But i figured i would ask on here first and see if there is somthing wrong with the alarm or if its normal.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I don't know about you, but my alarm isn't all that sensitive. Since it goes off if you open the trunk with the key, it's working fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    every time anyone asks to drive my car - even valets I say "no". when they say "what's the big deal?" I say "would you let someone wear your underwear? would you let someone have sex with your girlfriend? ....same thing."

check out this site:
    http://www.subaruparts.com/guides/

there's a section on installing the security system. when you click on it, it should open a pdf for you. I think the instructions for settings start on page 5 or so.

hope that helps.

Joel
    Street-2000 BRP Impreza 2.5RS Sedan
    Snow-04 Nitro Voltage 158/06 Burton Custom Bindings/04 Vans Fargo Boots
    Photo-Canon 20d and some lenses
    Tech-Apple iBook G4

Quote Originally Posted by jojotherider
    check out this site:
    http://www.subaruparts.com/guides/

there's a section on installing the security system. when you click on it, it should open a pdf for you. I think the instructions for settings start on page 5 or so.

hope that helps.

Joel
    Thanks man, that helps alot.