Hi everyone !! My first post with questions
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Hi everyone !! My first post with questions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi all !! I just joined this great community after lurking for a few months. I wanted to wait until ...

Hi everyone !! My first post with questions

Hi all !! I just joined this great community after lurking for a few months. I wanted to wait until I got my car. Ok, I picked up my 2003 Sonic yellow rex with 6000 miles last week !!! WOO HOO !!! defenitly worth the wait !! Anyhow, I have these parts on the way ,already purchased.subie sport up-pipe "will be jet-hot coated" ,Helix downpipe, Bosal dualtip catback exhaust system,perine intercooler Y hose,and intake snorkus remover elbo. Now I need to know, what will be the best ECU setup for this ? I have done some reserch, but would like some opinions from people who actually have them. This is probably all I will be doing for awhile. I don't have any tuners local, so it will have to be one that can come premapped . Also, what do you think of my combo ? What kind of times can I expect ? Thanks very much in advance !!! Jerry
    I LOVE THIS CAR !!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sorry, it is a Groupe-S up-pipe

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club.... I too have a Sonic Yellow WRX.
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

6K miles! rad!!

if you are inclined to tune yourself go with UTEC/ECUtek

if not youre a stage II Cobb Accessport candidate.

thats the best bang for your buck if you dont plan on doing anything further engine wise for a while
    Vanitas vanitatum...et omnia vanitas

Welcome aboard. I'm going to say a UTEC would be good, but only cause that's what i use. Alot of companys are selling some good stuff for our cars. From your list it sounds like your on the right track.
    Used to have stg4 wrx. stuck w/ stg0 srt4
    L.I.S.C #6

Welcome and enjoy!
    FS: 02 WRX with JDM V7 RA-C

thanks for the great advice. I have been reserching alot. I think the Acessport is probably going to be best for me. I just want to set it and not mess with it .Is there anything further i could do without upgrading the turbo and intercooler at this time ? I think I have about all the bolt ons I can do without upgrading the injectors . Am I correct ? What kind of times might I expect ? thanks very much !!
    p.s. I also added a drop in K&N filter.

some say the k&n filter is nice, some say its not worth it. You won't really see a big difference.

Your mods are perfect, it seems like you know your stuff. And you are right, you can't do any more engine mods unless you go for an upgraded turbo. I also think the ap will be the best for you, you'll be around 290hp with low 13's in the quarter mile. The times are assuming a good driver though.

As for other mods, I'd say get some better tires (assuming your still on stock rubber). I'd pop for some 17's with 225/45 rubber. They work really well and give a nice look without costing too much. Better brakes would be nice with a stage 2 setup.

good luck and welcome
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

thanks Bluerex, I have done my research for awhile before even buying the car. I only did the K&N because i figured the filter,elbo,and intercooler y hose was good enough for what I'm expecting . I most defenitly will do 17's but i figure I will wear out the stock tires first LOL !! I used to have a low 12 second turbo-T . More air in more air out ! I figure low 13's on the street will be good enough for me for awhile. Of course that could change in the future lol.

Nice I like what I see, keep it up.
    TINA..... come eat your ham!!!

04 white wrx wagon stage 2.5

I'm jonesing so bad to start modding ! I have this beautiful Helix downpipe and cobb catback exhaust just sitting here staring at me begging me to install !! I am waiting on my up-pipe to come back from jet-hot and then all will go on at once. I also ordered the cobb accessport , cobb said 2 to 3 weeks for delivery !! I should have ordered from somewhere else like i read on here . It's already been a little over a week, so It will probably show up by the time I get the rest done. I am assuming, since i am doing it all at once, a major difference !!!! I also have the dashpod, with boost,egt, and oil temp going in. And a whole gaggle of stereo equipment !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

since you seem to really be in the modding spirit, I need some sway bars and endlinks please
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.