I promise I searched first!

This is a discussion on I promise I searched first! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I looked and looked, but couldnt find the answer. In a couple places, when people talk about mods to do ...

I promise I searched first!

I looked and looked, but couldnt find the answer.

In a couple places, when people talk about mods to do without voiding their warrantys, some people say gutted UP/DP, or STI UP/DP. My Q is this, isnt the sti a 2.5L? Wouldnt that make the STi UP/DP different sizes? Thanks all I got!

Thanks a ton!
    E

If there is another thread about this and you can find it your name must be google!
    2005 9-2X 5MT Blue

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Only the US STis are 2.5Ls, and in any case the pipes are interchangeable.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

What you are doing by replacing the up/dp is increasing airflow, and removing cats. On the dp side, open it up big, and exhaust, to, but to a point. STi ones are warrantied, but any aftermarket pieces will do a good job. Bigger is better!!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

gutted gives you the appearance of stock but free flow of catless. most people would never know you touched them.

sti uppipes are are catless unlike WRX. they are interchangeable regardless..

any of this work can void your warantee. just depends on your dealer.

you touching the car period other than oil changes/air filters/topping off fluids will get a warantee nixed...all depends on your dealer.

tri state subaru around our neck of the woods is the go to. but id assume you have a SAAB/GM warantee not SOA so i dont know how that works.
    Vanitas vanitatum...et omnia vanitas

I dont konw how it works either.

I dont konw if im ballsy enough to just gamble on the fact they wont see many of these and know if anything is wrong.

Now im just counting down the days till my (longer than the WRX) warranty is over! Maybe that shouldnt have been a buying point!

But then again, I bet ill get about 150 more hp in 250miles when I get beyond 4k (im such a baby ive been shifting around 3.5k so i dont come close to 4) and hit the grand 1000 mile mark!
    2005 9-2X 5MT Blue

Like others have said, I'd go with an sti or gutted uppipe and see if Cobb's accessport works for the saabs too. that would be pretty kicken and still look stock and the only way to notice the power is to drive it.
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

DONT USE THE AP on the SAAB.

if youre doing EM use ECUTek or something along that line from KTR....

Vanitas vanitatum...et omnia vanitas

Thanks gus.

More than anyone you answer my questions. Now just answer one more q about the next NE meet (cant make the 2-13 one ) and ill buy you a beer there!

Cheers,
    E
    2005 9-2X 5MT Blue