New to the WRX

This is a discussion on New to the WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Let me start off with saying HI to everybody. I don't drive right now since I lost my licence for ...

New to the WRX

Let me start off with saying HI to everybody. I don't drive right now since I lost my licence for a year, I have 10 months left to decide on what car I will get. One of the choices is a WRX which 99% I will propably get. The other choices are SRT4, GTI, Mazda 3, Scion TC. Currently I own a 92 Probe GT. Ever since I got it I got addicted too boost. Now a WRX, has 4 doors its AWD and boosted, that is just sweet.

Now on a different note. It all seems to look good but I noticed that alot members on this forum have different porblems with their cars. I know that there is no car on this earth that woulnt expirience a problem but how is the WRX. I think this is the best place for me to find out. I treat my cars good, but I don't drive like a grandma. Can you guys/gals help me out here and give me some feedback on the most common issues that the car has. I will greatly appreciate your help. Thanks
    Waiting to get my licence back. 10 months left

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

wow, how the hell did you loose your lic for a year? Not a good enough attorney?

Some asshat locally didn't loose his until his 3'rd dui.

As far as problems with the car go, I think it's all relative to what you want out of it. If you want to lay down 350hp then you can plan on motor and transmission related problems down the road. I'm lucky that I haven't had any problems _YET_ but I know they're coming.
    Last edited by BrianH; 01-19-2005 at 09:58 AM.

I lost my licence by driving a car with no insurance. I was transporting it to my house when I got rear ended. I ended up in a hospital since my car fllew over a divider and then rolled over. Well beside that I got bunch of tickets that night including the one for operating w/o insurance. I didn't want to take a risk and make fake papers to lie to the dmv.

Now about the future plans of the WRX, I am planing to do basic mods like exhaust, bov, boost controller, drop. Nothing crazy where I would want to change flywheel, clutch, injectors, etc. not unless the stock would brake down on me then I would change them with an aftermarket stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by WReXing
    I lost my licence by driving a car with no insurance. I was transporting it to my house when I got rear ended. I ended up in a hospital since my car fllew over a divider and then rolled over. Well beside that I got bunch of tickets that night including the one for operating w/o insurance. I didn't want to take a risk and make fake papers to lie to the dmv.

Now about the future plans of the WRX, I am planing to do basic mods like exhaust, bov, boost controller, drop. Nothing crazy where I would want to change flywheel, clutch, injectors, etc. not unless the stock would brake down on me then I would change them with an aftermarket stuff.

There's better stuff to spend your money on than a BOV and a BC. You'd more than likely be happy with a engine management solution of some type and a full exhaust. The only purpose aftermarket BOV's serve on lightly modified cars is to draw attention. AKA the show off valve.

Well BOV don't give u any performance I know that, that would be a mod for the kicks. I would deff do a full exhaust and suspention work. I am not sure yet on how much will I mod since I will park the car on the street, and my budget is limited.