Unbelievable!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Unbelievable! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This isn't really that exciting, I just said that to get some people to read this! First off, I just ...

Unbelievable!

This isn't really that exciting, I just said that to get some people to read this!

First off, I just wanted to let everyone know that this is one of the best car forums I have visited recently. I've been reading the threads here for the past couple days and everyone seems friendly and informative.

To let you know a little about myself, I'm 17 a senior in high school, currently drive a '94 Mazda 626 V6 5 speed. It's a nice car, but am looking for something with more sport. I live in South Carolina, so snow won't be an issue so I don't "need" all wheel drive, however, my mom has a 2002 Audi S4 and that thing is friggin sweet... quattro rules!
    Within the next year I will be buying myself a new or newish car. I have a couple in mind and just wanted to see what people think.

My limit is $20,000 and insurance isn't really an issue (I have a perfect driving record and haven't had a quote be over $200 a month, and that was an S2000)

-2005 Nissan Sentra SER Spec V
    -2005 Honda Civic Si
    -2002 Honda S2000 (not practical, but I can't resist at least adding it to my list!)
    -2004 Subaru WRX (the only thing I don't care for is that to get a REX it will have to be used with fairly high miles for 1 year old, according to my search on autotrader.com

Just to let you know my intentions, I'm not a big "modder", the most I will probably do to whatever car I get is rims and maybe an Eibach spring kit. My favorites are the Nissan, and the Subaru now, but I haven't driven the Civic or the S2000 yet.

Sorry for writing so much, but I'd really appreciate some opinions. I know that being on a WRX forum will give me biased results, but I think I've given enough info for you guys to help me out as unbiasedly as possible.

thanks in advance,

Nick

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

first of all, i dont care what state your from, posting this early in the morning on saturday is uncalled for but seriosly one of the reasons i bought my subaru was for the all-wheel drive cus i sold off my 4x4 truck, yet in NY i still wanted winter traction. if i was in the south like you i would get the S2000 cus its faster than a stock rex but probably out of your price range

oh, and welcome to the club
    Last edited by 2point5ohyes; 01-15-2005 at 09:51 AM.
    2000 2.5RS I <3 JDM IH8M

you expect peple to read all taht with hangoversseES?

subarus are sporty, it'll probably make you want to just drive more. with 4wd, you don't know what you're missing until you have it. the interiors aren't super bling luxury, but not cheap plastic either. its a good balance, they are drivers cars. if all you want to do is rims and springs, just don't put 20's on it... jk

welcome
    Dave
    01 RS

thanks for the replies, a 2002 S2000 actually runs the same as a 2004 WRX and the same price as my other choices. Has anyone driven any of my other choices that can tell me how they stack up to the WRX?

Go for the S2000. WRX is slow.

I would add an Srt-4 to the list (tad over 20k), and a Mazda3, and a Scion tC.

I had an 04 Si before I got my WRX and I have to say that it was a great car. The interior looks a little less cheap than the rex, it has a better bottom end, and the suspension was stiffer. But I love my rex more. The feeling of an awd car is unbelievable in comparision. I have a friend that has a Spec-V. I've driven it and like it, just not as much. Nice low-end torque, but the feel of a turbo is the best thing in the world. I'll never buy another car without awd and turbo.

Get a bugeye Cheaper because it's a bit older, which means you can hit lower miles.

And, you know, it's better looking
    Last edited by houdini; 01-15-2005 at 07:54 PM. Reason: typing = teh sux
    2003 White Sportswagon
    Mods: Cobb stg 2 (STX map), Whiteline strut braces, SRBs and swaybars, Kartboy rear endlinks, 04+ rear swaybar mounts, Hawk HPS brake pads meeting Powerslot front rotors, Bridgestone Potenza RE-01Rs, some stereo
    Pending: some more stereo. Front endlinks?

if i ever moved back to southern california and could ever part with a bmw, it would be a direct toss up with the s2000 and the wrx... the s would be sweet just cuz its convertable and in cali that is sweet

David

You might be closer to a new WRX than you think. I had two dealers offer me deals of $20,500 and $20,200 respectively for new 2004 wagons a couple days ago.

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    BUGEYE FOR LIFE!!

Get one....k
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

I"ve drivin a sentra ser specv whatever you wanna call it. it was alright. The suspension was nice, and it had some low end grunt along with a 6 speed. But...the 6 speed felt a little awkward to me. And the fact that its front wheel drive wasn't too cool for me (I need awd for winters).

I've ridden in an S2000 on a racetrack. No bottom end, and you have to keep it at high rpms to get anything out of it. the handling was rather amazing also. Personally though, you can never really use this car on the streets and it might not suit your needs especially with insurance.

honestly, I'd also say go with an 02-03 wrx. You can find them fairly cheap and still have plenty of money for your wheels and maybe we can convince you to buy the good performance upgrades.

Good luck and welcome
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.