turbo timer

This is a discussion on turbo timer within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys. I was just wondering, is there a difference in turbo timers? Like is greddy better than hks or ...

turbo timer

Hey guys. I was just wondering, is there a difference in turbo timers? Like is greddy better than hks or apexi? Or is it all preference? Also which one would you guyz recommend? thanx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think its just personal preferance.....and the turbo's on subys don't need turbo timers......at least thats what I've been told.
    vendeta2k
    Accessport + COBB SF Intake = BEST MOD EVAR!!!!!

I believe you are correct, the turbo on the WRX is liquid cooled with it's own resevoir tank. The coolant is supposed to flow throught the turbo after shutdown by means of heat convection. There by removing the need for a turbo timer.
    05' WRX Wagon 5MT
    Panel Filter/Silencer removed
    MBC 15.5 psi

tt

which is the turbo timer that fits in the slot right next to the cup holder? and i believe that 04+ dont need turbo timers but bugeyes need them....

thanx alot guyz, now i just saved myself 100 or so bucks to get sometin else.

Quote Originally Posted by CanigetNEsicker
    which is the turbo timer that fits in the slot right next to the cup holder? and i believe that 04+ dont need turbo timers but bugeyes need them....
    Not true, do some reading.
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    every time anyone asks to drive my car - even valets I say "no". when they say "what's the big deal?" I say "would you let someone wear your underwear? would you let someone have sex with your girlfriend? ....same thing."

so the 04+ do need a turbo timer?!?

timer

so which is the turbo timer that fits right in the slot next to the cup holder on the center console...?

If you really want to extend the life of yr turbo, you should ditch the turbo timer and just sit in yr car for 5-10 minutes after driving it with the motor running. With this extra time you can read a magazine, catch up on some zzzz's, or just reflect on how much longer yr turbo will last now that you've properly let it get all lubed up and such.

For canigetanysicker, I think this is what yr looking for.
    http://www.gtmotorsports.com/catalog...roducts_id=161
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    every time anyone asks to drive my car - even valets I say "no". when they say "what's the big deal?" I say "would you let someone wear your underwear? would you let someone have sex with your girlfriend? ....same thing."

Quote Originally Posted by overwrxed24
    If you really want to extend the life of yr turbo, you should ditch the turbo timer and just sit in yr car for 5-10 minutes after driving it with the motor running. With this extra time you can read a magazine, catch up on some zzzz's, or just reflect on how much longer yr turbo will last now that you've properly let it get all lubed up and such.

For canigetanysicker, I think this is what yr looking for.
    http://www.gtmotorsports.com/catalog...roducts_id=161
    good looking out man...how is the reliability on that...is the boost gauge pretty accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by DrtJnky
    I believe you are correct, the turbo on the WRX is liquid cooled with it's own resevoir tank. The coolant is supposed to flow throught the turbo after shutdown by means of heat convection. There by removing the need for a turbo timer.
    True for all WRXs.

Quote Originally Posted by CanigetNEsicker
    so which is the turbo timer that fits right in the slot next to the cup holder on the center console...?
    I believe thats the Apexi TT... thats the one I have.

Darn.. so wrxs' dont need them, huh? darn..