what should i do next?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on what should i do next? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i just wanted to ask all of you wrx masters out there what i should do know? i have an ...

what should i do next?

i just wanted to ask all of you wrx masters out there what i should do know? i have an 04 wrx with helix up and down pipe, 5 zigen cat back exhasut, intercooler hoses, and minor tunning. i was thinking of going with a little bit bigger of a turbo but was told if i do that then i will need to change fuel rails and injectors.(i dont have the money or interest in going that far) is this info correct? or is there after market turbos that any one can recomend in which no other mods will be required.
    i was also thinking of going front mount. but i dont want to cut up the front bumper. can anyone help me?
    thanks for the thouughts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I believe the stock ej20 rails will be okay, but not sure about that.

you'll probably need injectors (sti pinks) and an intank pump (walbro), and an engine management system (cobb ap, txs utec, etc... not sure what you mean by 'minor tuning') to swap a turbo. if you don't want to go that far, just mod other things, like your drivetrain, exterior, interior, audio or suspension. or put the money into something else entirely.

About the fmic, there are plenty of tmics if you can invest in that will fit without having to mod anything. i think helix has a new tmic that people seem to be relatively happy with, and it's affordable also (~$600). But I think the stock intercooler is pretty efficient with the stock turbo.

ps- how's the helix up/dp treatin ya? I'm lookin at buying the two and a helix catback for my new rex in the next couple of weeks..
    2002 WRX Sedan
    Aspen White 5MT... bone stock

the pair are 100% sweet in every way. i love them
    thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by 04 wrx ninja
    the pair are 100% sweet in every way. i love them
    cool, i have heard very good things about helix and can't wait to break the ice. i've only had the rex for like 2 months and i'm getting itchy to do some mods already.

thanks for the reply
    np, i'm still a noob subaru-wise but i try to help out when i can.
    2002 WRX Sedan
    Aspen White 5MT... bone stock

Quote Originally Posted by enisguy
    I believe the stock ej20 rails will be okay, but not sure about that.

you'll probably need injectors (sti pinks) and an intank pump (walbro), and an engine management system (cobb ap, txs utec, etc... not sure what you mean by 'minor tuning') to swap a turbo. if you don't want to go that far, just mod other things, like your drivetrain, exterior, interior, audio or suspension. or put the money into something else entirely.
    enisguy is correct regarding the turbo mods. You NEED inj, fuel pump and engine mgmt. With the upgraded turbo you are pushing lots more air into the engine. You need to increase the fuel as well.

Your fuel rails will be ok.

The fmics that don't require much cutting are the txs and aps for the 02-03 and the txs, aps and perrin for 04+. They will each require some cutting.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

go to cobb tuning and buy their vf-34 package hella fast. pretty easy install with a friend...

David

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.