MPG? Is it as true as the stats?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on MPG? Is it as true as the stats? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey all, I'm new to the board and will be buying a WRX very soon. I was wondering if the ...

MPG? Is it as true as the stats?

Hey all, I'm new to the board and will be buying a WRX very soon. I was wondering if the quoted MPG from Subaru is as true as they say? What MPG are you all getting?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've found the average MPG is actually less under most circumstances than what Subaru advertises. ymmv
    05 Crystal Gray STi
    304 hp 353 lbs on 92 octane ------> Mustang Dyno
    12.6 @ 109.2 > new numbers coming soon.

It all depends on driving habbits.

I can average 33 mpg all highway no boost and 28 mpg city by never going over 3500 rpms.

Now when you drive the car like it is meant to be driven I have gone as low as 18 mpg.

So the question is how do you drive, and what mileage do you want?
    Mods--15% window tint--Perrin dp--custom stereo--intake elbow--Access Ecu Stg 2--

As previousely stated.....it all depends on how you drive....but I generally get what subaru advertises....
    vendeta2k
    Accessport + COBB SF Intake = BEST MOD EVAR!!!!!

I've set up a webpage to track Subaru MPG for various cars/mods/etc. Check it out for yourself here:

http://www.justintubbs.com/WRX/

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

I vary between 20 and 26 mpg.

I usually get 20-22 everyday and 28-30 on highway trips. The lowest I've seen is high teens and FWIW it seems that I get better gas mileage with TXS stage 2.

dang I only get like 15 mpg probably because I am Cobb Stage 2. I am running at 16 psi. I think I am going to set it at the high mpg map.

I average 23-25 mpg with lots of highway miles. I have had as much as 27mpg once, but never below 20.

It's my driving style.......
    Better Vision = Better Driving

Is anyone else as obsessive about tracking gas mileage as me? I have it in an Excel spreadsheet. Here's one of the charts. The date range is October 5, 2004 to January 10, 2005. The highest spike is after a trip back from upstate NY and the lowest spike is during the holiday shopping season.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wrx_gas.jpg  
    Last edited by Darrell; 01-12-2005 at 09:16 PM.
    Mine: '05 PSM WRX 5MT Sport Wagon, Cobb AP
    Wife's: '05 SRR 2.5RS 5MT Sport Wagon

The Knack. It's a rare condition characterized by an extreme intuition about all things mechanical and electrical ... and utter social ineptitude.

I Support ClubWRX
    I've never really had below 24mpg, even with almost all city. If I go out on the highway a lot, I can get 27 or so mpg pretty easily. So I guess I'd say my city mileage is better than advertised but highway mileage is about the same as advertised.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Great, thanks for all the info. Trying to decide between Wrx and a Mazda RX8...

Quote Originally Posted by edpaek
    Great, thanks for all the info. Trying to decide between Wrx and a Mazda RX8...
    There are profound differences between those cars that have nothing to go with gas mileage. I would make that your last consideration if you're getting a performance car.

as low as 17mpg all the way up to 25 on the highway

I'm anywhere from 20-24, 95% city driving on Cobb Stage 2.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.