NEW, just picked up an 02wrx!!

This is a discussion on NEW, just picked up an 02wrx!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Whats up boys and girls, just picked up an 02 wrx yesterday made the switch from and 03 350z that ...

NEW, just picked up an 02wrx!!

Whats up boys and girls, just picked up an 02 wrx yesterday made the switch from and 03 350z that was pulling 12.7 1/4, on the bottle and some minors mods. SO MY QUESTION IS, how am i going to make this new 02 FASTER!!! New to the wold of subbies and their motors but im a quick learner so enlighten me please!!
    The car already has a TSX BOV and an AEM CAI, so what do you think should be the next few mods. HELP A BROTHER OUT!!

Thanks in advance, hope to be high boosting sooner then i think!!

Erich

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

lose the cai and bov

read the stickies here, tons of info.

engine mgmt asap
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

if you want to go faster then the bov and the intake are probably holding you back. both are more for the sound and less for the performance. under the engine forum there should be a sticky on good first mods. think uppipe, turboback exhaust, and engine management to start off with. cobb accessport is plug and play engine management, whereas turboxs utec can be custom tuned. just look for that sticky thread i'm talking about and it should start you off well.
    if you want to be in the 12s you'll also need to add a larger turbo and upgrade your intercooler.
    welcome to the club!
    bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

Welcome to the world of scoobies. Interest switch in cars (03 350Z to 02 WRX).

As I'm sure many will suggest, do some searches on the forum. You'll find a lot of threads asking that very question. I think you'll find the WRX very mod-friendly.

Good luck.
    Dino
    - '03 WRX sedan - SOLD (Jan 07)
    - '06 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT (Stock)
    - '05 Volvo S60R - stock (Stock)

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpreziveREX
    Whats up boys and girls, just picked up an 02 wrx yesterday made the switch from and 03 350z that was pulling 12.7 1/4, on the bottle and some minors mods. SO MY QUESTION IS, how am i going to make this new 02 FASTER!!! New to the wold of subbies and their motors but im a quick learner so enlighten me please!!
    The car already has a TSX BOV and an AEM CAI, so what do you think should be the next few mods. HELP A BROTHER OUT!!

Thanks in advance, hope to be high boosting sooner then i think!!

Erich
    Welcome!!! What was your Z trapping at?

Welcome to the club! Look at the stickies in each forum....lots o info!
    vendeta2k
    Accessport + COBB SF Intake = BEST MOD EVAR!!!!!

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello

Welcome...
    You'll love it here!! Search will be your friend. Do a search to find all kinds of info that you're looking for. Its very handy. I wish you best of luck w/your subie....ENJOY!!
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

Its hard to believe that you didnt even research enough about the wrx to know what some good starting mods are...lol. Up-pipe and downpipe give you less turbo lag. Engine management makes full use of these 2 mods. If you wanna get in the 12's bigger turbo, and with that youll need new injectors, maybe a new intercooler...but going fast is just half of the wrx, so id look into susp and handling mods as well! I personally believe that stock the wrx has more power than handling.

Wow, what a great warm welcome!! First off answer some questions my 350Z was trapping 104, i was pulling some nice 60ft times (1.8) with a set of radials. Now ok sounds good i was looking into engine mang. and also uppipes and DP's as for bigger turbos i kinda got a hook up with some APS stuff for my fellow Z friend has the first APS kit in the US for the Z, im sure we can get some APS stuff for cheaper then it is!

Well, thanks for the replies please keep em coming im gonna plan of dumping alot of money into this thing!!!

Thanks,
    Erich

1st mod...new tires!
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Goodluck with your car. I have a 02 also, just bought it in septemberish. It was ok stock, but after I installed the TBE with an up pipe it's a night and day feel. Love it soo much more. It's screaming for a drop, that's my next mod. If you have any questions that you just don't want to come to the forums, hit me up on aim or send me a PM/e-mail, I'll gladly try to help you out.

-Brandon
    96 Honda Integra Type R
    97 Jeep Grand Cherokee (DD)
    02 Subaru WRX (sold)
    www.HirevImports.com
    Brandon@HiRevImports.com

great to hear you got a wrx!!! check out the vf-34 turbo upgrade i know. it kicks you in the arse when it takes off haha

David