Hi Im new...my car broke so Im going to buy STi
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Hi Im new...my car broke so Im going to buy STi within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hows it going...my name is Doug. A couple weeks ago my friends and I were working on my RSX Type-S. ...

Hi Im new...my car broke so Im going to buy STi

Hows it going...my name is Doug. A couple weeks ago my friends and I were working on my RSX Type-S. We were installing a short ram intake and my friends accidentally dropped a grommet into the throttle body. We didnt know how to get it out so we stuck the hose in and turned it on, trying to flush it out. We thought maybe it would come out the exhuast but it didnt. So, I started the car and this is what happened.

ugly huh? Anyways...my dad said that he would buy me an STi if I wanted one. I am really excited and can't wait to show all my friends at school. We are going to start modding it the day I get it. What should be my first mod?
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you should wait until youre done with the 1000 mile break in, keep it under 4k rpms, dont need to be a hot shot for those first miles, it will pay off in the long run

that pic is ugly, wtf is that?

i wouldnt suggest modding the STi the first day you get it either. it will be a huge step up from your RSX as is. get to know the car better, and for god sake dont do something as dumb as you did to your last car. apparently you have parents that can pay for your mistakes.

Good luck with the STi, have fun, stay on this board, its the best on the net

WELCOME

I Support ClubWRX
    Definately a lesson to be learned there. When you drop something into the engine, get your hands on a borescope to find it. Even if you have to take the engine apart to get it, it's still worthwhile.

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KCRSXTypeS
    Hows it going...my name is Doug. A couple weeks ago my friends and I were working on my RSX Type-S. We were installing a short ram intake and my friends accidentally dropped a grommet into the throttle body. We didnt know how to get it out so we stuck the hose in and turned it on, trying to flush it out. We thought maybe it would come out the exhuast but it didnt. So, I started the car and this is what happened.

ugly huh? Anyways...my dad said that he would buy me an STi if I wanted one. I am really excited and can't wait to show all my friends at school. We are going to start modding it the day I get it. What should be my first mod?

OMFG!!!

I don't know what to say... that sucks... that was not the most intelligent thing to do...

DO NOT MOD AN STi UNTIL IT IS BROKEN IN !!!

... and dont ever stick a hose anywhere in a car again!

Good luck with the new car.

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

Elm
    That pic makes me cringe Hope you dig the STi, and heed the cautions of the experienced members of this forum, they know their stuff.
    2002 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX
    Mods - Pics - NSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    I dont mean to be a **** but when I read the first part of your thread i was thinking "What an idiot (for dropping something in your motor and thinking it would come out...do you even know how a motor works? Cams, valves, pistons, crank, mess in oil pan??)" And after reading further I was thinking "Great parents "

Oh well I guess it's a lesson to be learned....please do learn and DO NOT mod your sti the first day you have it. It will be like a jet compared to your RSX. And please when it is time to mod talk to us so you dont end up with a cold air kit and a TT on your car with a neat front sway bar.

Oh and welcome.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Is this post for real or is it a joke?
    Not to seem like an @$$ but out of genuine curiosity...

Good luck with your car...
    It's all about the mountain twisties, biyotch~

Um...after hearing that story...I wouldn't mod your STi at ALL.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Hi today I was installing a new turbo on my porsche and I aciddentaly dropped a screwdriver in the engine. I tried to kick the engine alot so the screwdriver might fall out of the CAI but it didn't so I started the car and it broke. So my dad said he was going to buy me a Ferrari, what should I break on it first?!

Thanks
    Ben
    Ben
    2005 Crystal Gray REX W/Premium Package
    TurboXS Stealthback
    XXTuning headers + up-pipe
    Short Shifter
    Momo Airmetal Leather Shift Knob

Pictures | My Site

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Definately a lesson to be learned there. When you drop something into the engine, get your hands on a borescope to find it. Even if you have to take the engine apart to get it, it's still worthwhile.
    Disagree. If you drop something into the engine, start it up and get an STi.

wow lol i cant believe i was as nice as i was, now ive gone back and read what i wrote....i cant believe you thought it would "come out the exhaust"

so you think a gromet would get injected through the intake valve, enter the combustion chamber, combust just fine, exit through the exhaust valve, travel through the manifold, and all that crap, and just pop out the tailpipe, just like that?

on second thought, dont get an STi. Pay for a new motor for your RSX.

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    on second thought, dont get an STi. Pay for a new motor for your RSX.

Or just get a bike. ...Less moving parts.

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

I seriously hope this is a joke. If not it looks like another case of spoiled kid getting a car he doesn't deserve (and doesn't understand) and can't handle.

Look, if you mod and STi the way you did your RSX, can I have your tranny when you blow up the motor?

I still vote that this is a joke, and if it's not I doubt he'll come back. He should just be glad that he didn't post this over on NASIOC. That would be a site to see!
    '02 WRB WRX
    '92 Civic Si

OMFG are you kidding me? you blew your motor on your 23,000 dollarcar so your dad is gonna buy you a 35,000 dollar monster????? way to teach a kid a lesson....I am never ever ever harsh on nayone but oh man come on......if i were you i would not have told everyone on here that daddy is buying you a new sti because you are gonna get flamed in your ass for it......people who dont pay for their cars and don't know anything about cars in general do not usually bode well with wrx's IMO - are you even gonna care if you break this one???? if you can't put in an intake how the hell are you going to mess with a turbo??? or is daddy gonna pay for the tuning of the sti as well???? gimmee a break.....please let this thread be a joke! There - I think i said what everyone else on herehas been to nice to say to you.....good luck......DONT TOUCH ANYTHING UNDER THE HOOD IF YOU GET AN STI PLEASE - Mods please lock this thread before someone really unforgiving starts the major flaming.
    Blobeye Syndicate #48
    2008 Impreza Hatch
    Aztec Gold Metallic
    Missin' the WRX but not the money I am saving :-)
    My car's info

I got to thinking... how could you drop a grommet into the throttle body? For one, the butterfly valve stays shut, and second the throttle body is on the side of the intake manifold, so even if it did get in there it wouldn't go far because of the way the intake manifold runners are designed on the rsx.

Even more so, this has to be a joke.

Edit: Here is a cut-away of the engine. Note the intake runners go upwards. And how did he expect to "flush" a grommet through this?
    Last edited by 5spdfrk; 01-05-2005 at 02:51 PM.
    '02 WRB WRX
    '92 Civic Si

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.