Blitz panel filter and other panel filters...good or bad?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Blitz panel filter and other panel filters...good or bad? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've done a few searchs on this one, and had some unlucky results. Is the Blitz LM drop in panel ...

Blitz panel filter and other panel filters...good or bad?

I've done a few searchs on this one, and had some unlucky results. Is the Blitz LM drop in panel filter any good? I'm not looking for any performance gains, just a filter that's reuseable and does it's job w/o harm. My stock filter gets way too dirty since the silencer delete & I do not want to put the silencer back on. I'd prefer the Blitz over a K&N or Perrin dropin because those require oiling. I don't really want to deal with the extra oiling. The Blitz model says no oil required. One thing I did hear about the Blitz filter is that it is made of stainless steel & filters dirt badly. I'm not for certain the tread was refering to the drop in LM filter or the LM "cone" filter. Can anyone verify what material this one is made of and if it is a good filter.

Picture of said filter:
    '04 Impreza WRX - WRB/Gold

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I am not sure of that filters material but I can tell you that the reason the others(K&N /Fram Air Hog ect.) are so good at filtering is the OIL. They are even supposed to filter better as they get dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by DrtJnky
    I am not sure of that filters material but I can tell you that the reason the others(K&N /Fram Air Hog ect.) are so good at filtering is the OIL. They are even supposed to filter better as they get dirty.
    Yeah I understand that those filters use the oil to help filter. I just want to avoid the whole oiling thing & any possibility of oil in the intake track.
    '04 Impreza WRX - WRB/Gold

go with the oil, or stick with stock! Using another paper type filter will give you the same results. Oil in the intake track is not a big deal, it will not be a problem unless you over use the oil and/or dont follow direction. I currently have a PERRIN panel filter and I use to have a K&N intake filter on my previous car, the oil is not going to be a problem.
    PICTURES

OBP Impreza WRX STi Stage 2 @22psi. MasterTuned on 94 octane. PIA Dyno'd at 301 AWHP & 330 AWTQ only could boost at 19psi on the dyno so not sure what it would be at 22psi.

(Cenex Gas http://www.chsinc.com/auburn/Tacoma.htm )

Quote Originally Posted by dewmudgeon View Post
    ok, so if i wanted a bov and got a cai as well,
    would they equal eachother out? creating minimal problems?

IF yr afraid of too much oil on yr panel filter, just do what i did. Air out the panel filter for like a day or so, just don't let it dry out completely. When I got my perrin, the box and the plastic package it was sealed in was pretty soaked.

Good luck,

Alex g.
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    every time anyone asks to drive my car - even valets I say "no". when they say "what's the big deal?" I say "would you let someone wear your underwear? would you let someone have sex with your girlfriend? ....same thing."

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.