Subaru WRX Forum banner

Blitz panel filter and other panel filters...good or bad?

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  overwrxed24 
#1 ·
I've done a few searchs on this one, and had some unlucky results. Is the Blitz LM drop in panel filter any good? I'm not looking for any performance gains, just a filter that's reuseable and does it's job w/o harm. My stock filter gets way too dirty since the silencer delete & I do not want to put the silencer back on. I'd prefer the Blitz over a K&N or Perrin dropin because those require oiling. I don't really want to deal with the extra oiling. The Blitz model says no oil required. One thing I did hear about the Blitz filter is that it is made of stainless steel & filters dirt badly. I'm not for certain the tread was refering to the drop in LM filter or the LM "cone" filter. Can anyone verify what material this one is made of and if it is a good filter.

Picture of said filter:

See less See more
#2 ·
I am not sure of that filters material but I can tell you that the reason the others(K&N /Fram Air Hog ect.) are so good at filtering is the OIL. They are even supposed to filter better as they get dirty.

#3 ·
DrtJnky said:
I am not sure of that filters material but I can tell you that the reason the others(K&N /Fram Air Hog ect.) are so good at filtering is the OIL. They are even supposed to filter better as they get dirty.
Yeah I understand that those filters use the oil to help filter. I just want to avoid the whole oiling thing & any possibility of oil in the intake track.

#4 ·
go with the oil, or stick with stock! Using another paper type filter will give you the same results. Oil in the intake track is not a big deal, it will not be a problem unless you over use the oil and/or dont follow direction. I currently have a PERRIN panel filter and I use to have a K&N intake filter on my previous car, the oil is not going to be a problem.

#5 ·
IF yr afraid of too much oil on yr panel filter, just do what i did. Air out the panel filter for like a day or so, just don't let it dry out completely. When I got my perrin, the box and the plastic package it was sealed in was pretty soaked.

Good luck,

Alex g.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.