Hey This is kinda stupid - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Hey This is kinda stupid within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; nice, welcome at least youre not like the other kid who ruined his rsx motor and his parents are getting ...

nice, welcome

at least youre not like the other kid who ruined his rsx motor and his parents are getting him an STi instead of fixin it

im also 17....but 02 wrb wrx.

hows insurance?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

another ?

what should be my next few mods...im kinda new to subaru and what parts work best ....as for the driving school my dad is sending me to one he went to.. he used to race circuit :-D
    Who said u cant drift an AWD?

first mods, read this thread
    thread
    dont mod it until break in is over> under 4k rpm for first 1000 miles.

read the stickies on the top of pages here, tons of info...also use the search feature, it is there for a reason and it works very well.

i managed to get by here without posting for several months before i got a wrx, just learning all sorts of things.
    i had a mod list setup before i got the car lol.

edit: here is another thread...sticky in the engine forum
    FAQ, READ

Welcome to the club.

Let's not have any more of the young kid, rich parents, you don't deserve this car, you are going to crash it posts.

He is a lucky kid and I am sure he know this and he is going to driving school.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Hey, welcome to the club. Congrats on the Sti. I'm 17 too, but I have an 02 wrx. I paid for every penny of my car and every bit of insurance. (not bragging but it's alot of work! ) You can learn ANYTHING about your car on this board. I wonder how many hundreds of times I've hit the search button. But it pays off. I just completed a VF-30 and uppipe install in my barn last weekend. Leak and CEL free! Good luck with your car and have fun. Be careful though...I have a friend with a white Evo with one side missing because of a telephone pole.

white and silver eh? you got it half right. white/gold is better, you lose.

just curious what your payments are like? if you dont mind me asking.

Congratz~~~!
    I'm new on this board as well.

Anyways, driving school sounds awesome! It will greatly reduce the learning curve on understanding your car. Not to mention you will be safe at a closed track ~!

As far as mods go, I'd say stay stock. An STI is fast as it is. Besides, I say to always try and keep your car stock as possible and improve what matters the most: driver's skill. You can always get mods and make your car go faster but skill is something not everyone can easily get.

I remember when I first got my car...(PreludeSH) never got to attend driving school but I learned the old fashion way~~~! Drive the car everywhere! Experience behind the wheel and thinking about the dynamics of cars (or just physics in general) during my free time really taught me a grip. No, I wasn't a reckless teenage driver then, nor am I now...LOL. I was always safe, never got into accidents, nor got any tickets. Always used good judgement (a closed road, airport or isolated canyon/mountain always did the trick hehe ).

Research, learn, try in safe place, understand.

Alrighty, have fun~~!

P.S. Whatever happened to those cool sites like turnfast.com?
    It's all about the mountain twisties, biyotch~

Wow... my parents were ROFL-ing when I asked for help with my rex.. and I was 20 then.

Quote Originally Posted by iCeQueen
    Wow... my parents were ROFL-ing when I asked for help with my rex.. and I was 20 then.
    Please VVV

Quote Originally Posted by WRC_Obsessed
    Welcome to the club.

Let's not have any more of the young kid, rich parents, you don't deserve this car, you are going to crash it posts.

He is a lucky kid and I am sure he know this and he is going to driving school.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.