Welp new to suby's and the board.

This is a discussion on Welp new to suby's and the board. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Contemplating picking up a 02 WRX....30k on the clock.....16k selling price. I currently drive a 2002 Civic Si hatch back, ...

Welp new to suby's and the board.

Contemplating picking up a 02 WRX....30k on the clock.....16k selling price.

I currently drive a 2002 Civic Si hatch back, after realizing that its going to cost me nearly $7500 to make this car what i want, im considering just throwing that money at buying a 4wd factory turbo.

Also have the option of a 28k STI(or less)....with 10k on the clock...the 28 would stretch the budget

Whatca think, performace worth it (Si to WRX) i know the asnwer for the STi

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the WRX is a great car and a ton of fun to drive. plenty of power on tap in stock form to make it enjoyable, and it takes pretty well to basic bolt on mods. 280 awhp is relatively common on these cars with upgraded turbo and intercooler, exhaust, and other supporting mods. more than 300 awhp is more difficult to attain. you do need to be somewhat gentle on the tranny though unless you've budgeted for an upgraded one. $16k for the one you described seems like a pretty good price for it.
    the STi is well worth the extra cost, although i think you might be able to do better than $28k for a used one. you probably know more about the used market than i do though. this car has a substantial amount more power from the factory, and 350 awhp is very realistic with just bolt ons. the tranny is a much better and stronger 6 speed, and there are plenty of other goodies like BBS wheels, Brembo brakes, STi suspension, DCCD, and plenty more.
    if you can manage to get the STi without putting yourself into an uncomfortable financial situation, you'll never regret it. if its just not attainable at this point, you can get a WRX and be very happy with it, and keep yourself busy with wishing you had an STi (thats what i do ).
    go drive both and your heart will lead the way
    bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

Quote Originally Posted by Russell
    Contemplating picking up a 02 WRX....30k on the clock.....16k selling price.

I currently drive a 2002 Civic Si hatch back, after realizing that its going to cost me nearly $7500 to make this car what i want, im considering just throwing that money at buying a 4wd factory turbo.

Also have the option of a 28k STI(or less)....with 10k on the clock...the 28 would stretch the budget

Whatca think, performace worth it (Si to WRX) i know the asnwer for the STi
    i wasin the same situation as u.

I wanted the STI but it would of been a using all my funds.

Went with the wrx and like it so far. hoping to get an M3 in a couple years
    2003 ASPEN WHITE WRX
    ------------------------
    Stage 2 !!!!

Go test drive the WRX. It feels like flying compared to the SI ( i was once an SI owner myself).

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Just DO IT!! Swoosh....Get a WRX

You'll Be making a good choice. Happy, you will be...
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

I 2nd what Bryan says....i wanted and STI so bad but Im in school which when I am done i will be in enough debt already...so i went w/ the wrx...i just say to myself "one day ill have a sti"
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?