just got my 05 wrx 2 weeks ago(houston tx)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on just got my 05 wrx 2 weeks ago(houston tx) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have about 1500 to start for mods, any recomends? maybe some easy bolt on stuff, I have basic tools ...

just got my 05 wrx 2 weeks ago(houston tx)

I have about 1500 to start for mods, any recomends? maybe some easy bolt on stuff, I have basic tools and access to a shop, thanx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    look into an up-pipe and down pipe and engine management. Good starting mods, will help your turbo spool faster and give you some hp. Should not be more then 1500 dollars. Good Luck!
    uncle lewie
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

welcome...

Quote Originally Posted by uncle lewie wrx
    look into an up-pipe and down pipe and engine management. Good starting mods, will help your turbo spool faster and give you some hp. Should not be more then 1500 dollars. Good Luck!
    uncle lewie
    Ditto.

This would be a great start. Check out the good first mods thread that is stickied above. You can also look at getting new wheels and tires. That will drastically change the handling and look of your car.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Welcome to the club, enjoy your suby!
    vendeta2k
    Accessport + COBB SF Intake = BEST MOD EVAR!!!!!

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by uncle lewie wrx
    uncle lewie
    +1

up/down pipe for sure. engine management is a good idea also. I paid 800 for a brand new utec...i'm sure you can get one used for less. Good luck and enjoy your car!
    Have fun...
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

what wheel/tire package are your running?

i would say $400-$600 on new tires is a "must-do" first mod if you have the stock 16's. Since you live in Texas you can probably run nice summer tires right?
    05 PSM WRX wagon

For 1500 dollars, I would do this:
    - Turboback exhaust, or any downpipe/catback combo= $750-900
    - Cobb Accessport (stage 2 ) - $625 www.Cobbtuning.com
    - Gut your uppipe - Free

Do all the installation yourself so you can learn about your car in ways you wouldnt normally learn, have another local suby person help if needed. Then you have 285 at the crank for roughly $1,375-1,525 with an immensely better power curve.

Brandon
    MY MODS
    *GET YOUR CLUBWRX KEYRING*
    http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54791&highlight=keychai n

thax for the help guys, I went ahead and went with the rim and tire package. Quantum tek s02 on nitto 225/40zr18 93w, looks sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Quote Originally Posted by audio
    thax for the help guys, I went ahead and went with the rim and tire package. Quantum tek s02 on nitto 225/40zr18 93w, looks sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
    Post up some pics now.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.