Anything after 70 MPH ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Anything after 70 MPH ? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok quick question is there anyway to increase the power after 70-80 miles an hour on a auto Wrx, I ...

Anything after 70 MPH ?

Ok quick question is there anyway to increase the power after 70-80 miles an hour on a auto Wrx, I had a stock cavalier with 140 hp and 3 people in it stick right with me last night, and I kinda felt embarrased, my friend wanted a wrx but not anymore.. also have the option of trading the rex in for an 04 Cobra SVT with 400hp, but would be buried a bit...
    All work and no play make Tom a dull boy ! All work and no play make Tom a dull boy ! All work and no play make Tom a dull boy ! All work and no play make Tom a dull boy ! All work and no play make Tom a dull boy !

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hit the gas more? Sorry I don't understand really what your asking for. TBE?
    96 Honda Integra Type R
    97 Jeep Grand Cherokee (DD)
    02 Subaru WRX (sold)
    www.HirevImports.com
    Brandon@HiRevImports.com

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Punch it..man.. In an auto you are IN the Boost until you let off the gas. I hit full boost and stay in it til I let off.
    Dont know what happened? A stock cavalier..come on now..mang?

I have an Auto
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

I had it floored at 70 to 80 mph, he stuck right with me till his speed limiter kicked in, but just embarrassed having a cavalier with 3 people in it stick right up to you
    All work and no play make Tom a dull boy ! All work and no play make Tom a dull boy ! All work and no play make Tom a dull boy ! All work and no play make Tom a dull boy ! All work and no play make Tom a dull boy !

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry... mang...

Dont know what to tell yah.....I've never came across this kind of issue before. Maybe it was a modded Cavalier.

TBE and Header was the first mods done to my car. Does wonders.

Also bigger turbo.
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

I would suggest checking out these two threads.

Good first mods
    Engine Performance FAQ [[[READ ME]]]

Welcome to the club.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Well not sure getting rid of my cats would be totally legal here in Washington State not to mention warranty issues but I do know they dont look at your exhaust at inspection stations here... but would I pass a smog test without any cats ? if anyone has passed a smog check here without any cats in Wa. State just let me know please, cause I got 2 grand to blow on a new car or get some upgrades...

Quote Originally Posted by y0ureviltwin
    Well not sure getting rid of my cats would be totally legal here in Washington State not to mention warranty issues but I do know they dont look at your exhaust at inspection stations here... but would I pass a smog test without any cats ? if anyone has passed a smog check here without any cats in Wa. State just let me know please, cause I got 2 grand to blow on a new car or get some upgrades...

You won't pass emissions without any cats at any place in the country, unless done illegally. So any tests done to your car that involve the exhaust won't be passed.
    96 Honda Integra Type R
    97 Jeep Grand Cherokee (DD)
    02 Subaru WRX (sold)
    www.HirevImports.com
    Brandon@HiRevImports.com

Well not to sure if im going to replace the up-pipe since from the sounds of it, looks like a pain to change and I cant even change my own oil, its why I got free oil changes for life but like I said I got two grand to blow, im thinking wheels and tires upgrade and then exhaust or whatever can help out my top-end cause it needs it badly...

If you want top end power, get a bigger turbo with supporting mods... plain and simple... the stocker is too small
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Well not to sure if im going to replace the up-pipe since from the sounds of it, looks like a pain to change and I cant even change my own oil, its why I got free oil changes for life but like I said I got two grand to blow, im thinking wheels and tires upgrade and then exhaust or whatever can help out my top-end cause it needs it badly...
    the northwest has some of the best subarus ever! check out your freindly neighborhood moderator "verdugo" and worldone performance. for 2 grand you can hook up your car pretty nice. check out the used for sale forum and the local forums for some good quality used stuff.

on the up pipe change, i paid like $150 and got my up pipe and downpipe put on. downpipe is pretty simple...

I got no knowledge on working on cars nor the tools or equipment if I bought the parts probably would have to find someone to help install or find a shop...

If you are worried about staying legal and warranty issues then get use to seeing civic and cavalier tail lights and just get wheels, tires, and a body kit. 2Gs = TBE + utec. You could probably squeeze gauges and a custom tune. Buy the utec used and make sure it is all there. Make a "friend" to get you "paper work" done. There are some on here.

The wrx with a stock snail has no top end. Nothing short of a bigger turbo and supporting mods will help you. Power drops off sharp in the 5mt after 3-4K rpms on the stock turbo. Probably even quicker on the autos.

I got no knowledge on working on cars nor the tools or equipment if I bought the parts probably would have to find someone to help install or find a shop...
    No excuse. I did my exhaust with a friend with no knowledge and now I am kitty-less. However, I will goto a shop for the uppipe, utec, and a tune. It is a pain, but i've looked at it and it can be done. Just gotta take your time. There is plenty of info in the stickys in the performance section. Or talk to verdugo on here somewhere here anywhere here.

200whp 208wtq @ 11psi (old)

[QUOTE=Smokescreen]If you are worried about staying legal and warranty issues then get use to seeing civic and cavalier tail lights...

Well not seeing tail lights actually I do pull away but its really a slow pull till they hit speedo limiter then im gone, but think im going to go turbo-back and get some rims and maybe a drop, think thats a good way to spend 2 grand...

well then get rid of that auto and get a 5 speed then drop it into 3 rd gear and leave that sucker in his place just kiddin, i know this is now what people are doing to their cars as their first mods but i did since i have the same problem with emissions, I went with Cobb Accessport and a 3 inch cat back, and let me tell you the car woke up alot from where it was. The power would dissapear after 6k rpm after the reflash it pulls all the way till red line and past, and the cat back makes it spool a bit faster. I also tweaked my wastegate arm and increased the top psi from around 12.5 lbs to 13.9 and sometimes even hits 14.5. The car feels a lot stronger in all gears, and in cold weather i was able to pull on a e36 m3. Two other with comparable power to the cavalier tried to race me were a brand new honda accord V6 and a manual toyota camry, they were after i put buslenghts on them till 80 mph so I am happy over all but now i am thinking about better turbo the VF34 and injectors, fuel pump and FMIC (about 2 grand). That should be good for few more extra ponnies.
    Last edited by subaru_crazy; 12-25-2004 at 07:06 PM.
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast