Hi everyone! Newbie here!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Hi everyone! Newbie here! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've had my 2004 WRX for a little over a year now... I've been browing the forums for a little ...

Hi everyone! Newbie here!

I've had my 2004 WRX for a little over a year now... I've been browing the forums for a little while, and I decided to finally gather up my courage and participate.

I've noticed that the prior year WRX's have the side sills painted, but mine came unpainted. I thought it was like a factory defect or something. And if it's not, am I able to paint over it.. or will it chip?

Second thing... I'm really interested in getting the Greddy Evo 2. For any one that already has it, is it really not much louder than stock??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Actually, all of the WRX's come with the side skirts unpainted. Getting them painted is a very common mod though. Theres a good chance you could find someone selling their painted side skirts that are the color of your car, if you dont want to get yours painted.

The 2005 WRX's have their sideskirts painted from the factory.

Welcome to the club! What part of NY are you from?

The Greddy Evo 2 catback isn't loud, but it isn't that quiet either... It will sound nice
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Quote Originally Posted by Trailboss
    The 2005 WRX's have their sideskirts painted from the factory.

Welcome to the club! What part of NY are you from?

The Greddy Evo 2 catback isn't loud, but it isn't that quiet either... It will sound nice

Thanks! I'm so glad I have somewhere to ask questions, even though they sound dumb.

I'm from Queens, NY.

AhHhHH~!! I'm getting my Evo 2 in a week~!! Just in time for christmas! 'm so excited because it's my first big mod.. All i've been doing is little stuff here and there

Welcome to the club. Its good to see another fellow New Yorker. Enjoy!
    BTW what color rex did you get?
    Last edited by 04aspenwrx; 12-16-2004 at 07:17 AM.
    ***2004 PSM STi***

Quote Originally Posted by 04aspenwrx
    BTW what color rex did you get?
    Silver~

I'm so tickeddd~~ I'm on my way to the library this morning at 7:30AM.. driving across the bridge, and there's construction being done in the median.

All of a sudden...a loud *CRACK*... a shard of concrete or something cracked my windshield. Now theres a horizontal 7 in crack in my front windshield... MAN~!!!

Quote Originally Posted by iCeQueen
    Silver~

I'm so tickeddd~~ I'm on my way to the library this morning at 7:30AM.. driving across the bridge, and there's construction being done in the median.

All of a sudden...a loud *CRACK*... a shard of concrete or something cracked my windshield. Now theres a horizontal 7 in crack in my front windshield... MAN~!!!
    Damn, that isnt cool, I would find out what construction company it was or whatever and have them pay for it.
    ***2004 PSM STi***

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry to hear that....

Welcome to the Club though...
    Last edited by 03WRX_YELLOW; 12-16-2004 at 08:19 AM.
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

Sorry to hear that. That's another thing about the subys - they have thin windshields and crack easier than other cars (or so it seems).

Welcome to the club.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Yeah thats what ive been told thin windshields and thin paint. I know for a fact that the paint on the bumpers is very thin, the other day i was moving my car out of a tight spot and lighty bumped a wooden spool and the paint on my front bumper just came right off. I was pissed.
    ***2004 PSM STi***

Quote Originally Posted by 04aspenwrx
    Yeah thats what ive been told thin windshields and thin paint.
    Tell me about it.. I hate living in NYC. Some people are just plain d***heads. This beat up old station wagon tried to park behind my car with about 3 in. to spare... ended up scraping my entire driver side bumper. The paint is unbelievably thin.

yeh people have no respect for nice cars, I live in westchester but do a lot of work in manhattan and sometimes I have to take the rex down there and Ive gotten really lucky, like my license plate was all dented one day when I came out to get in my car. so sometimes keepin the front plate on isnt so bad, it saved my bumper....could have been bad if I didnt have it on.
    ***2004 PSM STi***

wow man... i reading all the mods that people have done in this forum.. *sigh* dont think i'll ever have the know-how or cash for that. (available for hand-me-downs!)

once you do a few mods, you are going to want to do everything you can. Boost is addicting!
    ***2004 PSM STi***

Nice man, I'm from Stony Brook/Setuaket area. Check out the Mid Atlantic Region forum towards the bottom of the main page and check out the newly formed Long Island Subaru Club.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast