Couple questions for anyone who will answer

This is a discussion on Couple questions for anyone who will answer within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey all...newest new bee here. just got my 02 Rex friday and have some Q's that need answering 1st, I ...

Couple questions for anyone who will answer

Hey all...newest new bee here. just got my 02 Rex friday and have some Q's that need answering

1st,
    I have a Blitz TT installed... When I shut down the car, it continues to run, as advertised, but when I set the factory alarm, it locks and arms but it starts going off about 15 seconds later. ????????????????????????

2nd,
    What is a good starting point for the countdown timer for the TT? Dont wanna run it to long...kinda annoying waiting around for it(see problem above) and dont want it to little so the turbo gets coked...

3rd,
    Can anyone give me the comparisons between the cold air induction systems for our cars?
    ie...hp gains, flow...etc

Any help would be appreciated...serious replies only please...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It is normal for the tt to keep your engine running thats what it's supposed to do. You actually don't need a tt for the stock turbo. I haven't heard any good things about cold air intake for the wrx only bad things save your money for other things like uppipe/downpipe, k&n filter, catback exhaust, accessport etc....

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    You really dont need TT w/stock turbo...but 30 sec is fine. Gives you time to get out of the car and walk away a couple feet....and you are still in range to arm your alarm.
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

Quote Originally Posted by con40
    It is normal for the tt to keep your engine running thats what it's supposed to do. You actually don't need a tt for the stock turbo. I haven't heard any good things about cold air intake for the wrx only bad things save your money for other things like uppipe/downpipe, k&n filter, catback exhaust, accessport etc....

How about a short ram intake versus a cold air?
    If riding in an airplane is flying,
    then riding in a boat is swimming.
    If you want to experience the element,
    then get out of the vehicle...

seriously bro I haven't heard any good things about cold air intake and short ram I wouldnt be lying to you. Do a search and you'll find what I'm talking about. Buy a K&N filter and it wil add like 5 h.p and only cost $50.

I Support ClubWRX
    Leave the stock intake. The benefits of going to most short rams on a stock WRX are questionable, at best - and the stock system flows really well until you start making ginormous horsepower. Hack the silencer for free, though. You'll get a nicer turbo sound.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright