MR2 to WRX - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on MR2 to WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by zoinks I have a question, is that turbo a twin-scroll, or does the exhaust just basically converge ...

Quote Originally Posted by zoinks
    I have a question, is that turbo a twin-scroll, or does the exhaust just basically converge in the turbo housing? The housing doesn't look twin-scroll but I was just wondering because of the two exhaust inlets.
    The stock turbo for the MR2 is the ct-26, and is twin scroll (twin entry). I have been without that turbo for a year now, in favor of this t3/t4 on the left:

Oh, and AjIsDope - there are plenty of pics on my site which is listed up in my first post of this thread. But here are some:

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

oops! I'm a bit slow sometimes. I ride the short bus.

Very nice car btw. I like those cars alot.

How do u like the ko racing t3/t4? I put the ct20b on the mr2 2 years ago. I've been happy with it but still need more power.

Quote Originally Posted by kyongyun
    How do u like the ko racing t3/t4? I put the ct20b on the mr2 2 years ago. I've been happy with it but still need more power.
    I've been pretty happy with it so far. The kit is nicely designed so the install is pretty easy and has everything you need. The performance is probably just like you've heard - pretty quick spool with good power. The boost holds better till redline, though it still falls off a bit with the stock cams it's not as bad as the Toyota turbos. I'm running moderate boost right now (15 lbs) and make 245rwhp untuned. My next mods for it will be a full EMS and larger fuel system (pump, rail, injectors)

The boost hits pretty hard at around 33-3400 rpm. It snaps passengers back in the seat nicely. I haven't ran the car down the track but hope to this summer. It's quick enough to pretty much destroy everything I come up against on the street. Overall the KO kit is a great piece of work and has had a lot of thought put into it to make it a fast spooling torque monster for the street. Even the smallest one that I have (first one they ever built) is good for about 320 rwhp at about 19-20 psi. The larger ones (.63 a/r and/or 50 trim) are good for 350-500 rwhp will still pretty good spool. It all depends on your supporting mods of course.

Friggin sweet car!

Welcome.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12