RSX to WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on RSX to WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey im about to sell my RSX typeS and once again im looking at the wrx. I've driven both stock ...

RSX to WRX

Hey im about to sell my RSX typeS and once again im looking at the wrx. I've driven both stock and moded wrxs. I tend to love everything about them except the tranny, it seems so difficult compared to the tranny in the RSX. Other than that I completly love the wrx. But im here to ask about modding. How easy and costly is it to mod a wrx? General first mods to do and what not. I'm familiar with certain aspects of wrx mods but no expert. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey, welcome to the club I believe most people on here would agree that the best place to begin your upgrades is in the exhaust. We've got three cats in our pipes and removing them or replacing them with high flow cats is the best place to start. Dropping in a catless upipipe and turboback exhaust will increase performance dramatically. There are a ton of uppipes and TBEs on the market, search the engine performance forum and you'll find information on many of them, also check out the Vendor forum, you can find good deals on there. After the exhaust, it's best to upgrade the ECU, the most popular options seem to be the Cobb Accessport, ECUtek and TurboXS UTEC. I personally have the Accessport and think it's the way to go if you are starting on a budget, although the other two allow for dyno tuning and additional mods, while the AP has pretty strict modding paths. Exhaust and ECU are a great platform to start on, the two combined should get you going pretty quickly. As for cost, full exhaust (UP + TBE) seems to start at about $800, and averages out at a little over $1000, but can cost much more. The AP is $600, and I believe ECUtek is similarily priced, UTEC is about $1000. Search the forums, there's a lot of great advice and information on here, and many people smarter and more knowlegable than me. Enjoy your new car!

Unless u can install everything yourself, I would just look into getting an STi instead of a regular wrx. For about $5k more, u pretty much upgraded everything that the regular wrx has to offer. If you were to upgrade everything to the STi specs, your costs would be far more higher than just buying the STi. And since it looks like you'll be modding the wrx, just spend that extra cash for the STi, or save up that $5k until u can afford it
    Last edited by TurnWRX; 12-04-2004 at 03:42 AM.

^^i agree completely ^^

u'll be kickin urself if u get the wrx even though it is still a great car.

Also note to stay away from a BOV and an intake.

the impreza's are really safe cars too!! search for some wrecks that people have had and people just walked away. oh yea, get an STI (if possible) or search for some used ones. ive seen some modded STI's for REALLY good prices, makes me wish i never bought the rex. intakes and BOV arnt really nessecasry until later in modding, but its really up to you, its your car.

"its really up to u"?

its up to u if u want altezza's and its up to u if u want dubs its all up to u...but i'll still laugh at u...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinhtage
    "its really up to u"?

its up to u if u want altezza's and its up to u if u want dubs its all up to u...but i'll still laugh at u...
    Bunny/breakfast pastry
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Check the sticky at the top of the forum for good first mods.
    Good first mods

Welcome to the club. Hope you officially come over to our side.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

welcome aboard
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Quote Originally Posted by TurnWRX
    Unless u can install everything yourself, I would just look into getting an STi instead of a regular wrx. For about $5k more, u pretty much upgraded everything that the regular wrx has to offer. If you were to upgrade everything to the STi specs, your costs would be far more higher than just buying the STi. And since it looks like you'll be modding the wrx, just spend that extra cash for the STi, or save up that $5k until u can afford it
    Well was thinking, STI is kinda high on the insurance, so with the plain wrx with mods, you be paying wrx insurance but STI performance, so would think be cheaper in long run to get the wrx, plus I love the sleeper look, just wish I could toss this wing...
    All work and no play make Tom a dull boy ! All work and no play make Tom a dull boy ! All work and no play make Tom a dull boy ! All work and no play make Tom a dull boy ! All work and no play make Tom a dull boy !

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.