New car...best xmas gift...worst wait!!!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New car...best xmas gift...worst wait!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok so ive been all muscle cars my whole life ive owned about 12 F-bodies, hated imports etc, u know ...

New car...best xmas gift...worst wait!!!

Ok so ive been all muscle cars my whole life ive owned about 12 F-bodies, hated imports etc, u know that whole thing, onyl cars i liked other then f-bodies was subarus, So i just got back from college and my Dodge Ram is starting to piss me off cause it breaks something worth about 3 grand every other week. I told my grandma so shes gonna co sign for me but she said i have to wait for Christmas!! But im getting an 05 STI Blue with the Goldish BBS rims. So basically i knwo nothing about subaru tech, and turbos and whatnot, im gonan have about 12 grand from trading my truck in for mods to the subaru. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Raven

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

congrats man! anyone on this board is gonna reccomend exhaust work. start with the full cat-less turboback (do searches on different combo's) then work on engine management, such as a "U-Tec" turbo-xs makes them for the sti.

There is now a sticky at the top of this forum suggesting good first mods. It's very informative, and it will give you a good place to start. Congrats on the new car, and be sure to post pics when you get it!

congrats! but there's a couple things you gotta know first ...

one, break the engine in correctly, especially before you start the modding addiction
    two, drive carefully and don't get the image that AWD is invincible
    three, don't let your begging leg humping friends drive it.

oh and one more thing, post some pics of that beauty so i can drool all over myself

02 WRX - MODS
    Bugeye Mafia > *

Christmas is not too far away. Hang in there. As for the car, perfect choice. I drove a friends '04 STI last week with simple bolt on's. Header, Up Pipe, full turbo back exhaust, and boost controller. I was very impressed. The car was very strong. Hold on to your money, look around and decide where you want to go with mods, then do it.

Congrats.
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

number one mod should be a downpipe, after that eliminate the air silencer and add a K+N. you will find that the turbo has absolutely no top end and if you have had a lot of hot rods this will bother you. personally i am going to go with a vf22 (550.00) and it looks like the stock turbo so warranty issues should not be a problem. i have 4.5k miles on my 05 STI. and i absolutely LOVE it (except for the crappy turbo). handling is incredible, i went on my first high speed run this afternoon (avg 120mph) on some country backroads and it was incredible.
    Marcus Williams CFT, MT
    strengthen your mind body and soul

05 white/gold AP stride sevens,stroughmung dp,Greddy EVO catback, AVC-R,FPgreen,ESX IC, UTEC

here is a pic:
    Marcus Williams CFT, MT

05 white/gold AP stride sevens,stroughmung dp,Greddy EVO catback, AVC-R,FPgreen,ESX IC, UTEC

three, don't let your begging leg humping friends drive it.
    x2
    2002 WRB stage 4 WRX

try again!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dllip1.jpg  
    Marcus Williams CFT, MT

Quote Originally Posted by MRX WRX
    number one mod should be a downpipe, after that eliminate the air silencer and add a K+N. you will find that the turbo has absolutely no top end and if you have had a lot of hot rods this will bother you. personally i am going to go with a vf22 (550.00) and it looks like the stock turbo so warranty issues should not be a problem. i have 4.5k miles on my 05 STI. and i absolutely LOVE it (except for the crappy turbo). handling is incredible, i went on my first high speed run this afternoon (avg 120mph) on some country backroads and it was incredible.
    K&N is pretty useless, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the OEM air filter. Especially in a brand new car.

Gorgeous car MRX WRX
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

5hp gain with only the K+N after the DP install, it is not useless!! ANY increase of flow on a turbo is usefull! more flow in=more flow out.

thanx Dc!
    Marcus Williams CFT, MT

you can be positive and think that its a good thing you dont get the car for a month... in the meantime you can spend a lot of time here reading and learning what you need to know about the car so you treat it right from day 1 .
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

Thanks for the tips guys, i will deffinetly baby that car ( for proper break in) and i talked to my friends bro who just got rid of his sti cause he got his g/f pregnant and needed a family car? he said i could have his exhaust/downpipe setup free of charge!!! FREEBIE lol i will post pics the day i get the car. Well the exhaust is really just the pipe that runs with the downpipe and i guess goes into the cat? cause it has the O2 sensor on it. I was wondering what exhaust sounds the nicest on an STI i really like american car sounds low throaty is there an exhaust that sounds like that i cant stand the farts!

Quote Originally Posted by 05WrxSTI
    I was wondering what exhaust sounds the nicest on an STI i really like american car sounds low throaty is there an exhaust that sounds like that i cant stand the farts!
    In the little experience I have with the Subaru flat 4, it does not produce that typically inline 4 cyclinder sound. Or as you put it "farts". When I swapped out my exhaust, the car had a lumpy, deep tone. Similar to a Ducati. This also depends on header design as well. My friends STI uses a Greddy Evo. Nice sound without being obnoxious.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.