New car...best xmas gift...worst wait!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New car...best xmas gift...worst wait!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; nice car...

nice car

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dcpatters
    In the little experience I have with the Subaru flat 4, it does not produce that typically inline 4 cyclinder sound. Or as you put it "farts". When I swapped out my exhaust, the car had a lumpy, deep tone. Similar to a Ducati. This also depends on header design as well. My friends STI uses a Greddy Evo. Nice sound without being obnoxious.

Now you got my attention witht he ducati statement! My favorite bikes! Unfortunetly i had to sell mine to move back to new jersey =*(

Also, i look at the hp and torque readings on subaru.com, now is that at the flywheel or at the wheels?

http://www.xcceleration.com/sti.stagekit.430.htm is that "kit" any good? and is it worth it or would i just blow up my brand new car lol
    Last edited by 05WrxSTI; 11-27-2004 at 05:34 AM.

Welcome to the club.

Here is my suggestion:

1. Figure out what your goals for the car are going to be.
    2. Spend all your time between now and Christmas doing research. There is lot of info on this site.
    3. Once you get the car enjoy it for a while. It has a lot of hp and tq in stock form. Once you drive it you may end up changing your goals based on the seat time that you are getting.
    4. Do more research.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

depending on where you live, get some snow tires. number one choice. the stock re070's won't get very far in snowy conditions.

then take about $10k of your truck fund and put it towards the car to lower monthly payments. lucky you getting your friends downpipe for free.
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

Quote Originally Posted by WRC_Obsessed
    Welcome to the club.

Here is my suggestion:

1. Figure out what your goals for the car are going to be.
    2. Spend all your time between now and Christmas doing research. There is lot of info on this site.
    3. Once you get the car enjoy it for a while. It has a lot of hp and tq in stock form. Once you drive it you may end up changing your goals based on the seat time that you are getting.
    4. Do more research.

Street/Strip car ive been drag racing since im 14 ( i know the owners of englishtown raceway park in new jersey personally) my last drag car was an 86 monte carlo with nearly 1000 hp at the rea wheels =D i like goin fast lol

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 05WrxSTI
    Street/Strip car ive been drag racing since im 14 ( i know the owners of englishtown raceway park in new jersey personally) my last drag car was an 86 monte carlo with nearly 1000 hp at the rea wheels =D i like goin fast lol
    That's what I'm talkin about.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

Quote Originally Posted by 05WrxSTI
    Damn d00d!

Well you've got that out of the way. Too bad you will not see anywhere near 1000whp with the Subaru.

Have you heard of Corvette Lou from Englishtown by any chance?
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12