hello all
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on hello all within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello. I'm your most recent noob. I just parted with my big turbo gti (see sig). Looking forward to building ...

Registered User usedToDriveAdub's Avatar

hello all

Hello. I'm your most recent noob. I just parted with my big turbo gti (see sig). Looking forward to building a subbie. I have to go strip the gti this coming week and as soon as the gt28rs setup is sold, I'll be picking up a 05 WRX. I'm pretty used to this type of forum setup as I prowled vwvortex.com for about 3 years spending all my free time in the 1.8T technical forum. Any way, just wanted to introduce myself.
    Old whip
    Pics
    Big Turbo GTI RIP

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Talking

Got the rex today. So far, I love it. It's no where near as fast as my dub was, but I think that if I put half the time and money I did into the dub . The chasi is much stiffer and the feeling of awd is incredible. I can't belive that I wasted my time building a fwd car. Anyway, I just ordered some wheels, and I was thinking about the Greddy exhaust to start with. I will start doing performance mods soon, but the car only has like 12 miles on it, so that's gonna have to wait. Oh, its a 05 WRB wrx. Can't wait to be making 300whp
    Old whip
    Pics
    Big Turbo GTI RIP

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club...

Once you start....you just cant stop. Exhaust is the best and first step. Open that baby up and let her breath!! (After you get some miles put on her). Enjoy... I know you will. I've had my WRX(used) since March 04. I've spent 14,000 so far....adds up Fast!! Stage 4, (waiting for next year to get the STi block) wheels n tires, 7inch screen w/PS 2, 3 10" subs...and gauges . List of mods on profile.
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

Quote Originally Posted by 03WRX_YELLOW
    I've had my WRX(used) since March 04. I've spent 14,000 so far....adds up Fast!! Stage 4, (waiting for next year to get the STi block) wheels n tires, 7inch screen w/PS 2, 3 10" subs...and gauges . List of mods on profile.
    kudos to youu!!!!@!!@!!

welcome to the club gdub. any pics of the new wrb?
    02 WRX - MODS
    Bugeye Mafia > *

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Yah...post pics if you can !

you can view pics of my car here..

Recent. Nov 04
    Eugene Subie Meet 21st

Stage 4 build w/cf hood. Sept 04
    Getting...springs and cf hood
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

in case you havent heard, dont be too hard on your stock tranny unless you have plans to break it and then upgrade. the wrx is a sweet car with with the grip of awd and the power it has, the tranny they put in it just isnt tough enough to take the abuse. anyways, have fun with it but just try not to abuse it. i drive the hell outta my car, but i dont launch it from a stop. others do and have had good luck with it, but there are also plenty of threads on hear about broken trannies. just wanted to make sure you knew that.
    but yeah it sounds like you were doing good things with your dub, so i'll be looking forward to seeing what you do with the WRX. uppipe, exhaust, engine management are some first good steps. then you can look at a different turbo/ic setup to get into that 300Awhp range
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

I was a VWVortex member, too. I had a 99 Turbo Bug. Howdy!

Howdy ho! I've heard of the glass tranny problem, but I'm not much for launching my cars. I didn't do it much in the dub and I don't plan on doing in the rex. Thanks for the heads up though. Some things that are coming off the dub: Defi HUD boost guage with tt built in, VDO EGT guage, JL w7 12in with PPI amp, and of course the trusty V1. I still need to get rid of the GT28rs setup so I can use that money to start the new project.
    Old whip
    Pics
    Big Turbo GTI RIP

I will post pics next week when I get my wheels. Its just a stock wrx as of now.
    Old whip
    Pics
    Big Turbo GTI RIP

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club,looking forward to hearing about your build up.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

WELCOME..

Welcome to the club.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.