My Dream Car...and I got it on my B-day. :) - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on My Dream Car...and I got it on my B-day. :) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi WRXSTigirl: Nice ride! It is so nice to meet another female subie owner, there are so few of us. ...

Cool Happy B-Day!

Hi WRXSTigirl:

Nice ride! It is so nice to meet another female subie owner, there are so few of us.

I wish I'd bought the STi. I bought a silver 04 WRX 11 months and 2 days ago, Dec. 23 - it was my Xmas present! I love this little car and drive it like a mad woman. I found that if you get the rpms up around 3.5-4 or so before you shift, it is much smoother. The car likes to be driven hard and I'm sure yours with 300hp is even happier at higher rpms.

I have a few questions for you, if you don't mind. Mainly questions I don't think the guys can answer - or maybe their wives, girlfriends, or some female driver allowed to drive their car can answer.

1. I have a hard pressing the clutch all the way to the floor while driving with heels over 3 inches. I bought the rubber Subaru floor mats that are about 1/2 inch thick and somehow the heel of my boots get caught up in it. I find if I turn my left foot out to the left, sort of sideways, I can get it all the way to the floor. However, I often find myself with a horrendous cramp in the arch of my foot when I do this. I stalled my car one time because I just couldn't handle the cramp and shifting. Does this ever happen to you? Have you figured out a better way to drive with heels?

2. I am always so excited to see another Subie driver on the road - especially another WRX or STi driver. I often try to catch up to them to give them that "hey, you have a cool car" look. But the other drivers rarely even look up to acknowledge another Subie. Is it just me that feels a little excitement in the vicinity of Subie-kin?

3. Do you plan on doing any mods yourself or do you have a trusted mechanic you are going to use? I would love to have some mods done on my car, but don't have the experience to do it myself and don't know anyone I would trust to do for me.

I hope I haven't been too lengthy, but couldn't help myself. Another Subie chic. Finally!!! I have friends in Seattle and hope to visit someday.
    Last edited by tjcarst; 08-23-2006 at 03:51 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well, maybe only the first question was directed at a woman driver.

tjcarst

She's not the only other female Subaru driver on here, there are quite a few, actually. Aside from myself, there's BeckaSki, TurboMonkey, BarbieJeep, Butterflie, etc, etc, etc.

I can honestly say that I haven't attempted to drive my car wearing heels, however I do have a pair of boots that are damn near impossible to drive in. My only advice would be to drive in some more comfortable shoes, and change when you get to your destination. I always feel uncomfortable and less in tune with my car when I have to get used to driving in new shoes, but maybe that's just me.

I always wave to other STi's and WRX's, and I know a lot of other people on the board do the same. It's rare when the driver won't wave back. That's one thing that I really love about the Subaru community.

If you can find other Subaru owners in your area to meet up with (check the regionals), you could always ask them for help with installing parts on your car. I'm sure there's at least one or two friendly Suby drivers with wrenching experience. I'd offer to help, but NE is quite the haul for me.

Hey Zoombaru! Nice to meet you!

Thanks for the female member list. I appreciate the opportunity to meet other female subie owners and see what they think of their cars.

Thanks for the into on the heels. I do usually bring an additional set of shoes with me after my first awkward attempt at wearing the heels. I just thought maybe I was missing a trick or something that would make it easier to manuever the clutch.

I wore my nice high dress boots to work today as it is Thanksgiving and I didn't think I'd be walking too far. I had hip surgery in September and couldn't drive my car for 11 days as I couldn't use my left leg to clutch. Man did that suck! (Just arthroscopic surgery, nothing major, back to my old self now.) Today was my first attempt at heels. All seems fine except even the inability to easily clutch still remains. I'll change to my comforable shoes before I drive home today.

I'll try to look up some local Subie drivers. I've met one through a mutual friend. I actually gave him an old laptop computer that was going to be disposed of at work due to its age and didn't realize he was going to hook it up to his STi engine. He had one imported from Japan two or three years ago when they weren't even available in the US. He makes changes to his engine and then goes out with the laptop and sees how the performance has changed. I believe he has a VF22 turbo in his STi, but I haven't asked much about his car yet. He also mentioned changing the chip in my car to give it more horesepower. Any thoughts on this type of change?

tjcarst

I prefer not to mess with my car's stock engine management, although a lot of people on here do. I wouldn't recommend it as a first modification, but it's all a matter of opinion and what you're looking for in terms of performance. The best advice I can give you is to do plenty of reading and research in the tech forums, and feel free to ask questions. There are also some pretty awesome tutorials on installing parts yourself. Good luck.

Thanks, Zoombaru. Actually, he wasn't going to change the chip in my car, but make a modification to a setting. Still, I am hesitant to allow this, just as you are.

tjcarst

Thumbs up

i would help u install your mods, but i am toooo toooo far away. and welcome to the club noob.
    i only live for 1 thing and that is to spend money.

Thanks for the offers anyway!

What is your opinion on the VF35 turbo? Just curious, not sure I'm ready for that drastic of a change. But it sounds great!! Here's a thread that discusses. Why the IHI VF35 is most overlooked and underrated turbo...

tjcarst

b4437 - I was in San Diego for a week in May this year to attend Microsoft's Tech Ed. I was one of those computer geeks that overtook the Gaslamp area sporting a name badge around my neck and a Microosft back pack.

Beautiful city. My best friend lives in Temecula and I hope to visit her again next year.

tjcarst

maybe, you could come and visit me too. i don't know much about the vf35. Basically, if u have an automatic the 35 is good for it. i would suggest a vf34, cause that's what i used to have on my suby. It's a great turbo and not too laggy imo. and u will not be disappointed.

b4437 - do you still have the vf34? Does it alter the sound of the car at all? I don't want people to know I've made changes. I know the vf35 was okay for the auto, but does that mean it isn't good for the manual?

tjcarst

Quote Originally Posted by tjcarst
    b4437 - do you still have the vf34? Does it alter the sound of the car at all? I don't want people to know I've made changes. I know the vf35 was okay for the auto, but does that mean it isn't good for the manual?

tjcarst
    no, i sold the 34 and the sound is not significant enough for others to know you've made changes,unless you were racing someone. and the new found power is a whole different story. i'll pm if u got more q's.

Thanks, b4437!

Quote Originally Posted by tjcarst
    Thanks, b4437!
    no problemo!

QuickSilver who posts on here has a VF35, and he seems to be really happy with it. He said he felt a lot more torque with it. I didn't click the link you posted though, so that may have already been addressed. I'm done trying to be helpful for the day...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.