Whats up everyone?

This is a discussion on Whats up everyone? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey, I'm new to this board but not new to Subarus. Got a link to the club from a friend ...

Whats up everyone?

Hey, I'm new to this board but not new to Subarus. Got a link to the club from a friend and well now here I am. I'm currently on #4 but its still not anything new. She's a 1989 RX 3-door turbo, 4EAT auto, rear 3.70 LSD. I have major plans for her in the near future including the TD04 turbo upgrade, MegaSquirt stand alone fuel managment system and EDIS setup, TWE 2.5" up and downpipes with a catless exhaust and straight pipe back to a rice muffler. Also want a TMIC, a nice BOV and an STi hoodscoop as well. To top it all off, I'll be doing the XT6 5-lug conversion to it while upgrading the brakes to JDM WRX rotors and calipers and going with a rear ebrake with some nice 17" rims (not sure on which ones yet but I'll figure it out). I also plan on doing a rear coilover and a set of lowering springs. There are many other mods to come but those are the ones I can think of right now.

I also have a '78 Brat which is becoming a minitruck in itself. I am channeling the body to fit a Nissan truck frame underneath it with all of the suspension. It's getting a full air bag suspension setup, either a 500 hp GM 2.8 v6 or a nicely built 350 coupled to a manual tranny. The rear will be tubbed and 4-linked with a c-notched frame for the rear axle to sit into. This is going to lay frame, definatly.

One last one is my '79 4wd wagon. I'm going to be building an EA81 twin turbo for it using a front mount intercooler, IHI RHB32s from a Chevy Sprint, MegaSquirt stand alone fuel managment setup w/ EDIS and a lot of goodies like cams, etc.

So cheers to everyone!!!
    Last edited by Caboobaroo; 11-18-2004 at 09:53 PM.
    1978 Brat 4wd DL .....the "MiniBrat"
    1989 RX FT4wd GL ....the "Street Sleeper"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the club!
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Welcome aboard, do you have any pics of your cars that you'd like to share with us?

Take care,

alex g.
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    every time anyone asks to drive my car - even valets I say "no". when they say "what's the big deal?" I say "would you let someone wear your underwear? would you let someone have sex with your girlfriend? ....same thing."

actually I do have pics (this is a first). My RX can be seen here: http://usmb.net/gallery/album288 and my Brat can be seen here: http://usmb.net/gallery/album249

The RX curently has no seats in it because I've been cleaning the interior of it which is lookin very nice. I got everything from the doors forward cleaned on the inside, I'm just waiting for Sunday when I get my new glass for it so I can install it and wash the beast. I'll need to get some updated pics of it here in about a week
    1978 Brat 4wd DL .....the "MiniBrat"
    1989 RX FT4wd GL ....the "Street Sleeper"