Hey everyone

This is a discussion on Hey everyone within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, I'm a noob to the forum and i've been lurking around for a little bit, and it's time ...

Hey everyone

Hey guys, I'm a noob to the forum and i've been lurking around for a little bit, and it's time for me to buy a new car. I was looking around my local dealership and i came across a 02 black wrx wagon it's sooo hott. It has about 45k miles on it and looks like in a pretty good shape. So for all you veterans out there, is there anything I should be looking out for such as things that will go broke when I take it home? also what do you guys think is a reasonable price for it? oh and i live in CO if that helps too. thanks guys and awesome board

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If the car is unmolested by mods I say go for it....if it's an adult owner go for it....ask the owner if there have ever been any tranny problems with the specific car you want...do a carfax to see about accidents.......An unmodified stock 02 rex will lead you to many happy drives if it was well maintained and not beat on - good luck!!!!!!! - Dan
    Blobeye Syndicate #48
    2008 Impreza Hatch
    Aztec Gold Metallic
    Missin' the WRX but not the money I am saving :-)
    My car's info

Welcome to the club.

Once you get a rex you should try to make it out to some of our meets.
    2002 Impreza 2.5RS

welcome to the club
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

1. whats the asking price?
    2. check for signs of mods. alot of these have been returned to stock when traded in.
    Vanitas vanitatum...et omnia vanitas

hey thanks for the replies everyone, their asking price is $18,500. Is that a norm or should i be asking for less? And if i do hook up with this rex i'll be sure to make it out to most of the CO meets and i'll find out whether it was adult owned or not tomorrow.

OMG!! NOOOO 18,500 would mean that after the dealer fees, tax and crap it would be close to 20,000 i bought my 02 wagon with 48,000 miles from a dealer at 15,998 with tax it was close to 18,000 i think that was a good price... even though the mileage was kinda up there...but i did a car fax and all was good so...i think the price COULD be lower...
    Mods: ERZ Up/Down pipe, bosal dual tip cat-back, cobb AP stage II

yeah now that i think about it 20g's out the door for a 2002 with about 45,000 miles would be pretty rediculous huh? well you think the location would have a factor in it? cause i do live in CO where it snows pretty good amount during the winter.

*edit*
    i'm actually seeing most of the 02's here for like 18,995 even with more than 48k miles on them. Are my dealerships just trying to rip people off or what?
    Last edited by GQGiant; 11-18-2004 at 11:42 PM.

IIRC the car on nada.com is worth around $15K. Don't buy it for that price.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.