Noob questions

This is a discussion on Noob questions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ive got a few noob questions... i know you might laugh but the only way to learn is to ask. ...

Noob questions

Ive got a few noob questions... i know you might laugh but the only way to learn is to ask. so here goes
    With a new header, does that include an upipe also? Much like a turbo-back includes the dp. What im getting at is this, Im looking to run a cobb stage 2, which is cobb turbo back, accessport, then im going to add an invidia header, but i heard somewhere that the header will also replace the stock uppipe or will i have to buy an uppipe for added performance. Thanks...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User SweetTurboWhine's Avatar
    the invidia is one solid piece covering both header and uppipe. from what i heard the stock header really isnt a problem area in our exhaust systems for the first few stages. i assume there would be a difference over stock but i dont think you'll see it on the butt dyno at stage 2. it would be MUCH cheaper to just get a good uppipe for around 200, i think ive seen that header/uppipe piece for over 1,000. you could buy more important go fastar parts with the money you'd save just getting the uppipe.

just my .02
    woooo

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetTurboWhine
    the invidia is one solid piece covering both header and uppipe. from what i heard the stock header really isnt a problem area in our exhaust systems for the first few stages. i assume there would be a difference over stock but i dont think you'll see it on the butt dyno at stage 2. it would be MUCH cheaper to just get a good uppipe for around 200, i think ive seen that header/uppipe piece for over 1,000. you could buy more important go fastar parts with the money you'd save just getting the uppipe.

just my .02
    Good advice. The stock exhaust manifolds actually flow quite well. Plus, if you get an equal length design, you will lose the wonderful "boxer rumble" I'm not sure if the Invidia is equal length or not.

thanks guys for replying, i most likely now will just do the cobb stage two with a uppipe, probably from perrin or helix. I definitely dont wanna lose that boxer rumble. Its why i got the car.

Quote Originally Posted by roo21
    thanks guys for replying, i most likely now will just do the cobb stage two with a uppipe, probably from perrin or helix. I definitely dont wanna lose that boxer rumble. Its why i got the car.
    Good choices. You should like it.
    2002 Impreza 2.5RS

I Support ClubWRX
    You will be happy. Stage 2 really wakes up the car

Registered User SweetTurboWhine's Avatar
    have fun!
    woooo