Mitsubishi is the worst company ever!

This is a discussion on Mitsubishi is the worst company ever! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi guys, I'm here to research STI. I have a 2003 rally red evo and I love the car. However ...

Mitsubishi is the worst company ever!

Hi guys, I'm here to research STI. I have a 2003 rally red evo and I love the car. However the mitsubishi dealership is about the worst people to 1st work on the car and 2nd, warranty anything.

Their transfer case busts up easy and it's the same problem that's been coming down from 1 g DSM.

their drive train is horrible.

I'm looking to trade my evo and get a STI. I heard some good stuff about STI. I know it doesn't handle as sharp but I'm willing to trade that in for a piece of mind, if this is possible.

I'll be doing some research on how the dealerships are like, service, warranty, drivetrain.

Any help will be great! thanks.

I hate mitsubishi and I will never buy anything from them ever again. Not even a key chain.
    Mitsubishi Service and warranty is world class... World class crap!

They really do have your back! For back stabbing after you buy their car!

If you think you could get warranty done on your evo, especially on their evo transmission, I hope you have a good personal mechanic and a lot of money because Mitsubishi wont.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Post your location in your personal info so people will know your area, otherwise they're unable to discuss dealerships that are relevant to you.

So the Lancer xfer cases leak at the rear yoke? Is that the problem? My 1G did that, it was an easy fix but a pain to get decent service so many people resorted to DIY solutions with silicone sealants.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

welcome to the club. sorry to hear about your evo. i hear lots of good things about them, and it's hard not to like the 4g63.

not all dealerships for subaru are angels either, so let us know where you are, and be sure to check out your regional forums for info about who's had good luck there.

one more thing, the subaru tunes a lot differently than the evo. essentially, what worked for power there, may not work for power here. the good news is, you came to the right place. check out the STi forums for the 2.5L guys. there's loads of good info here.

post up pics of the evo! even if you had probls with it, i'm sure you poured some love into it. we're primarily car enthusiasts here, so allow us to drool.

again, welcome.

dR

welcome man. leave that evo..get the sti..
    Midwest Auto Salon
    Apple Valley, MN

My Stage IV WRX was totalled by a drunk driver. Fcuk him!

when i compared the two, i noticed the sti is more equiped with what id want where as i had to option everything i wanted on the evo to match the sti. i dont like thier awd setup on mitsu's either.

Well, you will just be re-living the same nightmare if you go with a subaru... problems with the cars may be different, but dealer/ warranty experience will most likely be the same. I live around the so called best dealerships for service yet I was completely turned off by all of them... and I cannot trust another subaru dealership to do anything on my car.

Mitsubishi is a little less compliant than Subaru, but thats because the problems arent as widespread as you or the forums make it out to be. Subaru HAD to step up (and believe me they did not want to AT ALL) to fix the problems in their cars to prevent losing even more money. (lawsuites, etc.)

I have a Subaru and most likely wouldn't get another Subaru. Sometimes I get lazy and want to have my car worked on by experienced and qualified technicians... well, I can drive over an hour to an independent service shop and thats about it. The only dealership that took care of me in the past went down the drain. Its not good when you go in for a simple 15 min fix recall and leave with something damaged... hours later.

I know many people with EVO's who dont have problems... I know many people with Subaru's who have had problems or are having problems... and a few without problems or they dont complain and accept it as "subaru quirks!". If your current EVO is no good because of the tranny, try the MR with a 6-speed. Its a better option than going to Subaru, if service and warranty is your issue.
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

Well lets see here. I traded in my STi for an EVO. I loved my STi. I didn't want to swap turbo's to get alot more power. I will say this, the STi has a better tranny. I like the Evo's 5 speed better though. I like that my Evo's turbo can hold over 350whp. The Evo also handles much better. This is my second Evo. Never had a problem with the tranny on both of them. My opinion

you gotta try the STi to find out if its better than the evo~

lose that evo and try the sti..

if you want more power, i think evo is the better choice
    but if you are not going to go auto-x or to the track often.. perhaps sti might be the better "daily driver" type of vehicle.. not to mention, its got more interior features, etc..
    and yes.. the tranny is strong.
    "All the auto WRXs I've driven (alot, I work at a dealership) give me enough time to make a peanut butter and jelly sammich before they hit boost." - Rancid

SQC 120

also a mechanic at subaru informed me if i wanted an sti, they did not warranty the clutch no matter what.

Where are you located? I know the financial side of the car business pretty good and I have a DAMN good mechanic who has been working on Scooby's since he was in his teens. Letting us know where you are will help you a lot.
    If you can't earn no Mu#$% F@*$in sense, you better beg for the quarter.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo_bxr
    also a mechanic at subaru informed me if i wanted an sti, they did not warranty the clutch no matter what.
    This is meaningless. Well, that's a harsh statement, I should clarify: this is as meaningful as the greeter at Wal*Mart or TV weather person making the same statement. Only what the owner's manual says is important.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

this guy wasnt like the rest, he hated subaru which is why he works at kia now. he hated guys like me not getting warranty work weather we had mods or not. you pay the money for the car why shouldnt you be taken care of? thats why i wont go back for work by them even when i was stock . the guy wasnt the subaru personel type, he was a guy that would do what he could to help you out. it wasnt llike i was stating something we didnt know... just him

you have to find a mod friendly dealer the one i go to doesnt care about anything but larger turbos
    dynoflash sucks heard a rumor he was wanting to f--- up sti s since hes done it to all the evos he can

got to stick up for the evo alot of transfer case problems are driver error not but alot an whats wrong with a 5 speed i can do 95 in 4th gear (not for long lol )
    dynoflash sucks heard a rumor he was wanting to f--- up sti s since hes done it to all the evos he can