learning about these cars
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on learning about these cars within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; im new to the whole 4 cly turbo thing. right now i am the proud owner of a mustang, but ...

learning about these cars

im new to the whole 4 cly turbo thing. right now i am the proud owner of a mustang, but im moving up north where a rwd car in the snow does me no good. now i have always like WRXs and figure this is the right time to buy on. but i need to know how to mod one. i have been trying to figure this out but there is so much i don`t kno. like is it useful to go to s steeper universal gear in these car? im guessing changing cams is out of the question? how hard is it to drop a tranny, i heard they break easy? im guessing there is alot of power to be found in a new turbo? and is there much hp in new BOVs? so my main question is what is the normal route to improving these cars out put? thanks for the help

btw, is there alot of hp lost in the awd system?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the club. There is a ton of information to be found by searching, and in the sticky thread in the top of many of the forums. Check out these ones to start:
    http://http://www.clubwrx.net/forums...ad.php?t=80872

Comprehensive WRX Modification List
    Ski days: 12. First Day: 10/09/2004
    Grand Republic of the Zem Dictatorship Secretary of Red Walls

about 20-25% drivetrain loss, if i remember right... making hp with one of these cars is about as easy as it comes, search around
    Aspen white/gold 03 sedan *SOLD*
    Aspen white/gold 06 STi STG2 Bailey ProTuned

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.