How well does it really work?

This is a discussion on How well does it really work? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have been looking at WRX'S to replace my car because i will be moving to canada and driving in ...

How well does it really work?

I have been looking at WRX'S to replace my car because i will be moving to canada and driving in the snow frequently. I decided on this car because it is the best value for everything and is a car company that i trust. I was wondering if anyone out there can let me know how well it does in the snow and if you had snowtires or anything else to help with grip. I am not sure if i want the sedan or the wagon, is there a big difference in the handeling of either? Also, what would be some basic boltons to add around 60 or so hp to give it a little extra power. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You won't have to worry too much about the WRX in the snow, it takes care of it's self quite well

With an aftermarket uppipe, downpipe and ECU reflash, you should reach your goal of 60 WHP.

i drove from here in seattle to salt lake city for christmas. i thought it did rediculously well in the snow (with stock tires). the stock tires arnt that great in the first place... a down pipe and up pipe should be your first mods if you decide to upgrade.

up pipe will decrease turbo spool up time, by taking out the pre-cat. (i think it helps up top too...)
    down pipes vary by design. get a bellmouth or a divorced pipe. you can get a full downpipe that takes out both cats or a short one and leave the stock cat.

those 2 mods should wake up the car pretty well. if you want more power, search the forums. lots of info out there.

I have a 2.5RS but the AWD system is the same. With stock tires I find myself passing numerous stuck cars in the snow. I no longer worry about getting stopped on a sloped snowy road. I know I will be able to get going again. The AWD system is amazing IMHO. I don't know what I would do without it anymore.
    2002 Impreza 2.5RS

Quote Originally Posted by VitaminWRX

With an aftermarket uppipe, downpipe and ECU reflash, you should reach your goal of 60 WHP.
    He said it all.

Stg 2 06STI
    02/04 WRX MSPT Tuned - 18g(DEAD)

"Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!"-Vizzini

Thanks for all the info guys! Just need to find a good deal on a car now so if you see any great deals on any wrx's let me know! Thanks!