Need Alarm Help
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Need Alarm Help within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey whats up club wrx. I just recently got my 05 silver Rex. Bought it with the least options available, ...

Need Alarm Help

Hey whats up club wrx. I just recently got my 05 silver Rex. Bought it with the least options available, just need some advice on what alarm will be best for this car? Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

easily the viper 560 xv... you can't go wrong with the turbo timer, remote starter, and alarm package all in one...

I would suggest a hidden fuel cut as well.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Clifford has some awesome alarms as well the Matrix RSX 3.5 has turbo timer, remote start , alarm, and comes with a sweeet carbon fiber remote. see link

http://www.clifford.com/matrix/sec/pdf/Matrix906X.pdf

I'm looking into getting a decent alarm too. I'm not feeling so great w/o it .
    Is viper better or Clifford better?and how's the pricing on these two?thanks
    Last edited by BabyRex; 11-03-2004 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyRex
    I'm looking into getting a decent alarm too. I'm not feeling so great w/o it .
    Is viper better or Clifford better?and how's the pricing on these two?thanks
    Whatever system you get make sure you don't do the standard install. You need to do a little extra (e.g., backup batteries, sirens, etc.) because the thieves know these systems.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Thanks for the info guys. I will definately look into a clifford or a viper alarm. I dont really want all of the fancy gadgets such as auto engine start, a turbo timer would be ideal, but i will shop around.

i kno that clifford and viper are both made from the same company, but what is the difference xcept the looks? and whats the range of the 2 way security system and do u have to pay xtra for the gps?

I'm confused, I see the 560xv alerts the remote when you start the car remotely, but does it tell you when the alarm has been triggered? If not, which model does?

YA my freind has a fuel line cut on his GSR.. i dunno if u have heard of carbine but that the alarm i use it very cheap haha but not on my rex only on my teg and civic. I think u should try clifford. Try to see if u can find something name python i've seen those around too.
    "Love each other or perish" Morrie Schwartz
    "The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." Morrie Schwartz
    06 crystal grey metallic wrx wagon SOCAL F4 #24
    MY SPACE! Hawk-Eye Alliance #039
    Originally Posted by Speedette
    "modding is a disease...but a positive disease, like Chlamydia!"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.