<--- New, and thinkin about switchen sides...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on <--- New, and thinkin about switchen sides... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey! im new to the site, and im really puttin some thought into selling my current car in favor of ...

<--- New, and thinkin about switchen sides...

Hey! im new to the site, and im really puttin some thought into selling my current car in favor of a wrx.

Right now i have a 2002 civic si turbo.. i love it to death.... but, im at a point where i cant afford any more mods (all the less expensive mods have been done, and only thing left is to start building internals.. ect which gets really expensive)

but... ive always had sort of a love afair with the wrx... and the 04 style is i have been thinkin about partin out my car, and sellin it, to put a down payment on a 04/05 white wrx... which i love...
    i dont know what to do, because my car is faster then a wrx (best track time todate is 13.1 @ 110 (untuned, w. interior) but... there is constantly stuff to fix (my fault... broken motor mounts, cv joints... ect.. but my fault) i know i would miss my car the second i let it go, because its rare (more so then wrx) and i like it (despite most of the minivan haters out there)..and its really unassuming (99.9 percent of all people thing the new si's are slow ) i really want a new car that i can toss an exhaust on it and be happy with it for a while (at least till i can get thru school).
    the civic begs for to much attension, and i cant afford to mod it further...
    ahhH!!! i dont know what to do!! i wish i could have both
    what is everyones thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

get a wrx and part out your civic. you can make a wrx faster than your civic anyday.it would also be cheaper (modding wise) on a wrx. there is just tooo many civics out there and it's the wrong wheel drive.
    i only live for 1 thing and that is to spend money.

First, if you have trouble w/ modding the Civic, that problem won't be solved by purchasing a WRX (nice looking car, by the way).

That being said, if you purchase one and do minimal mods and then stop, (uppipe, turboback, reflash) you will be putting down similar times as your Civic, while still keeping the car a reliable daily driver (well, reliable as long as you don't abuse it too often) However, it usually never stops there, cause the WRX is so eas and fun to mod , it's a disease!

My best friend has a stock Si. I have an 03 Wrx. I like his car. It is fun to drive and different than mine in a good way. Shifter is neat, interior as nice as mine, and he can haul a lot more in the car when he has to. I destroy him in the rain and from a stop. I take him on the turns as well. Doesn't matter what the weather is. Sounds like your car with all those mods is .4 seconds quicker in the 1/4 than mine. I never touch my car unless I'm going to put on a new part. It is reliable and fun. I only have a turboback exhaust, management, and rims. I think you should do it. It's always fun to get a new car. You need to drop the mod addiction though, other wise this will be the same situation all over again, if that is what you don't want. Very easy to mod this car. Stock for stock, this is the better. I do understand your affection for something you have out lots of time into. I would be happy with a car pulling 13.1. Just have to decided what is important. And I love the WRX

i duno man. yea the new wrx is mad hott but everyone expects them to be fast. here comes your civic that can smoke so many cars and people are like what ?? and that is y sleepers are pimp
    2000 2.5RS I <3 JDM IH8M

Quote Originally Posted by 2point5ohyes
    i duno man. yea the new wrx is mad hott but everyone expects them to be fast. here comes your civic that can smoke so many cars and people are like what ?? and that is y sleepers are pimp
    i agree mine is deff a sleeper...
    but idk why i want a wrx so bad!? im almost willing to drop to a slower car(only temperarly cuz i can make the wrx faster) ,, hmmm idk... maybe im just sick of fwd...
    but then when i step on it in the civic... oh man could i care less about a wrx... im so confused on what i want! lol

Well I bought my rex about a month ago. Slapped a HKS Carbon-Ti catback on it, and ordered my dp and up. I'm having fun with just the exhaust for now. But when I think about it, for what I paid for my car I could of got a civic and dropped a K20 in it. Idk what inspires people to get whatever car they get. I can understand an evo or and sti or a s2000 or 350z etc... But when it comes down to buying a car with 227 hp for say 18-24000 o buying a car for under 10000 and dropping an engine in it for however much and have it eating that more expensive car with just an engine swap.

If that makes sense that more power to ya My point is, keep your civic. Save some money for the next part. For what your car does now, be satisfied with your 13.1 lol and save up. BTW that looks real nice.

Aim me at tek2332 if ya wanna talk.

its easy you need to experience an awd launch then your mind will know where the true PoWa lies...

and dude if your at sea level. 3k should have you towards higher 12's I don't really know drag isn't my thing and I have no idea about sea level (damn Denver!) but the wrx is way easier to mod. tbe and a reflash and from a dig you will kill most non awds street light to street light.
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by svc
    Fvk the elves, it's bling season

Sponsored by: BoostBuddy.com

You live in Chicago? Do you drive your Si in the winter? the wrx will be more sure footed and you'd be able to have a little more fun in the snow. I suppose the advantage to having a rex is the engine was made with turbocharging in mind from the factory. Whereas the Si is a n/a engine, the question of reliablity comes to mind when boosting. Like most people say, for under 1500 you can have your rex doing mid 13's with the stock turbo.

For what it's worth, nice car! traps speeds of 110 you must be able to do some serious damage on the highway.

*edit: also, you won't find a nicer bunch of car enthusiasts! I use to own a honda myeslf, and honda-tech.com and any local honda clubs were trash. I came here and everyone was awesome, just don't ask about the green parrots or the lime hats.
    Last edited by Oneliner; 10-31-2004 at 10:21 AM.
    2003 Sedona Red WRX

Quote Originally Posted by krazyimpoRts
    But when I think about it, for what I paid for my car I could of got a civic and dropped a K20 in it. Idk what inspires people to get whatever car they get. I can understand an evo or and sti or a s2000 or 350z etc... But when it comes down to buying a car with 227 hp for say 18-24000 o buying a car for under 10000 and dropping an engine in it for however much and have it eating that more expensive car with just an engine swap.

I have a buddy with a 03 Si and K20/exhaust. we have raced a few times (i was stock then) and from a dig - 100 i usually had him by about a car or two.
    Last edited by UURX02; 10-31-2004 at 11:35 AM.
    02 WRX - MODS
    Bugeye Mafia > *

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.