Better vision in the rain
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Better vision in the rain within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My new WRX has a new best friend. It is RAIN X. Rain X can be put on any window ...

Better vision in the rain

My new WRX has a new best friend. It is RAIN X. Rain X can be put on any window surface and it will send the water beading off. I had never heard of this product until a few days ago. I put it on yesterday and drove in the rain today. I almost didn't even have to use the wipers at all.

If you have never used it you put it on like wax. Then polish it off.

This product sure helped in the rain. I think you can buy it at any auto parts store.

Better Vision = Better Driving

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

that's kinda cool. it rains enough here that it would be something to consider. how much is it? did it do anything about the horrible "fog" that is like permanent on the windshield
    02 WRX - MODS
    Bugeye Mafia > *

I have Rain-X'd every vehicle I own. It awesome. It even helps in the winter with snow and ice, being it doesn't stick so well so it is easier to scrape off. Buy it. Use it. You'll love it.

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't know if Rain-X still make the interior formula that used to come in a black bottle and stated it'd keep interior windows from fogging. That is to be avoided at all costs! The yellow stuff is OK but nowadays sprays are available that'll do the same thing yet not require that much rubbing, if at all (I used to spray then use the wipers to wipe off, no problems).
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

fog stuff is still around but i did not have any luck with it when I used it the other day. I used the rainx on all of the windowns and mirrors and worked like a charm.
    2002 wagon 83k miles
    perrin short ram, inlet & fmic, perrin / samco hoses and fuel rails, bosal dp. erz upp, borla catback, sti ra gears w/ stock 5th, act clutch & fly, vf30, AP, perrin end links, critical cooling kit, hks bov, perrin 4pot brakes, rota wheels, hid w/ levals

Racenut3.0 - said
    "The worst thing about the AP is it did not come with any fairy dust. I wanna fly dammit!"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SHO_Guy
    I have Rain-X'd every vehicle I own. It awesome. It even helps in the winter with snow and ice, being it doesn't stick so well so it is easier to scrape off. Buy it. Use it. You'll love it.
    Same here. Never drive without it. Be sure to use it on the side & back windows as well. I have been using it for many years.

The bottle that I bought cost about $10.
    With the small amout used for each window this bottle should last me for years.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.