I'm thinking about buying a Wrx 02
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on I'm thinking about buying a Wrx 02 within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm thinking about trading in my Acura 3.2 CL Non Type-S for A 2002 Wrx because I like wrx a ...

I'm thinking about buying a Wrx 02

I'm thinking about trading in my Acura 3.2 CL Non Type-S for A 2002 Wrx because I like wrx a lot. There's one problem though. It is going to be real hard to switch from v6 to Inline 4? Am i gonna feel the same powers between the two? Thanx.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm not too sure what the numbers are for the 3.2CL. However, I don't think power is going to be an issue. The stock WRX is good for 227 HP & 217 ft/lb of torque. There are also a host of modifcations to bump that number skyward. A great place to start is a Cobb stage 1 reflash. IIRC, that's good for a little over 250 HP and you don't even get your hands greasy.
    After that, an uppipe/downpipe & another reflash (stage II) should be good for a nice, reliable 280HP. From there, things start getting more expensive.

Also, before adding any more power, I would upgrade the brakes (SS lines, fluid, more aggressive pads), tires and swaybars.

In short, a WRX is MUCH quicker than a CL. I would think your primary concern would be fit & finish with the interior. The Acuras have a much more 'upscale' feel than a WRX.

Good luck with your purchase.
    "No country has ever benefited from a protracted war."

- Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy
    I'm not too sure what the numbers are for the 3.2CL. However, I don't think power is going to be an issue. The stock WRX is good for 227 HP & 217 ft/lb of torque. There are also a host of modifcations to bump that number skyward. A great place to start is a Cobb stage 1 reflash. IIRC, that's good for a little over 250 HP and you don't even get your hands greasy.
    After that, an uppipe/downpipe & another reflash (stage II) should be good for a nice, reliable 280HP. From there, things start getting more expensive.

Also, before adding any more power, I would upgrade the brakes (SS lines, fluid, more aggressive pads), tires and swaybars.

In short, a WRX is MUCH quicker than a CL. I would think your primary concern would be fit & finish with the interior. The Acuras have a much more 'upscale' feel than a WRX.

Good luck with your purchase.

What do you mean by acuras have much more of an upscale feel than a wrx? Is the wrx still comfortable?

I know what he means. Yeah the wrx is still somewhat comfortable but has no where near the comfort or luxury of an acura. The wrx interior has much more of a plastic shakey feel to it, especially when you have no music and and hear all the rattles. I'm not trying to say it's a POS or something, but it just won't feel as solid.
    02 WRX - MODS
    Bugeye Mafia > *

can i make it solid?

The best thing to do is go for an extended test drive. Leave the radio off & drive around a while to see if you can see yourself driving the car on a daily basis.

The WRX interior is by no means cheap, but it's not as nice as an Acura, Audi, BMW, etc.
    "No country has ever benefited from a protracted war."

- Sun Tzu

I'm trying to get me a 02 or an 03 WRX too
    Randy
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Aspen White

Can anyone tell me the pros and cons from buying it at the dealer and the pros and cons from a private seller thanks.

you would probably want to go through a dealer because 90% of the people with these cars launch at every stop sign. I'm not saying all the dealers are better, but it would probably be easier to find a more trustworthy buy there. Not to mention if you wanted warranty or not
    02 WRX - MODS
    Bugeye Mafia > *

i wonder if it's possible for a dealer to sell me a wrx for 15 or 16 since my trade-in value is $13,600 and and my finance i owe is $8000 so if i get it 15 all i need to do is finance 10. Unless i could get it to drop even more.

Quote Originally Posted by UURX02
    90% of the people with these cars launch at every stop sign.

that's the most BS statement I've ever heard

you must not go out much
    02 WRX - MODS
    Bugeye Mafia > *

Quote Originally Posted by Racersky
    Inline 4?
    nope, try again

hahaha I didn't even notice that
    02 WRX - MODS
    Bugeye Mafia > *

Now, now, lets not scare off a potential convert. I'm all about giving props to Subaru over any Honda built car.

It has a horizontally opposed boxer engine, not an inline-4.

One thing I learned very quickly when I purchased the car was that it is a loud MFer. I don't mean loud engine (at least on the stock end of the spectrum), I mean road noise. It didn't change my mind that it is still a bada$$ ride, it just kind of caught me off guard. This after I purchased the vehicle. I think I was so enamored with buying the car, I didn't notice a few of the fine details.

Aside from the roadnoise, not a thing I would change.

I just did a quickie search in the Seattle, WA area. I think the lowest one I saw was over $17k.
    Street-2000 BRP Impreza 2.5RS Sedan
    Snow-04 Nitro Voltage 158/06 Burton Custom Bindings/04 Vans Fargo Boots
    Photo-Canon 20d and some lenses
    Tech-Apple iBook G4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast