I'm thinking about buying a Wrx 02
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on I'm thinking about buying a Wrx 02 within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm thinking about trading in my Acura 3.2 CL Non Type-S for A 2002 Wrx because I like wrx a ...

I'm thinking about buying a Wrx 02

I'm thinking about trading in my Acura 3.2 CL Non Type-S for A 2002 Wrx because I like wrx a lot. There's one problem though. It is going to be real hard to switch from v6 to Inline 4? Am i gonna feel the same powers between the two? Thanx.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm not too sure what the numbers are for the 3.2CL. However, I don't think power is going to be an issue. The stock WRX is good for 227 HP & 217 ft/lb of torque. There are also a host of modifcations to bump that number skyward. A great place to start is a Cobb stage 1 reflash. IIRC, that's good for a little over 250 HP and you don't even get your hands greasy.
    After that, an uppipe/downpipe & another reflash (stage II) should be good for a nice, reliable 280HP. From there, things start getting more expensive.

Also, before adding any more power, I would upgrade the brakes (SS lines, fluid, more aggressive pads), tires and swaybars.

In short, a WRX is MUCH quicker than a CL. I would think your primary concern would be fit & finish with the interior. The Acuras have a much more 'upscale' feel than a WRX.

Good luck with your purchase.
    "No country has ever benefited from a protracted war."

- Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy
    I'm not too sure what the numbers are for the 3.2CL. However, I don't think power is going to be an issue. The stock WRX is good for 227 HP & 217 ft/lb of torque. There are also a host of modifcations to bump that number skyward. A great place to start is a Cobb stage 1 reflash. IIRC, that's good for a little over 250 HP and you don't even get your hands greasy.
    After that, an uppipe/downpipe & another reflash (stage II) should be good for a nice, reliable 280HP. From there, things start getting more expensive.

Also, before adding any more power, I would upgrade the brakes (SS lines, fluid, more aggressive pads), tires and swaybars.

In short, a WRX is MUCH quicker than a CL. I would think your primary concern would be fit & finish with the interior. The Acuras have a much more 'upscale' feel than a WRX.

Good luck with your purchase.

What do you mean by acuras have much more of an upscale feel than a wrx? Is the wrx still comfortable?

I know what he means. Yeah the wrx is still somewhat comfortable but has no where near the comfort or luxury of an acura. The wrx interior has much more of a plastic shakey feel to it, especially when you have no music and and hear all the rattles. I'm not trying to say it's a POS or something, but it just won't feel as solid.
    02 WRX - MODS
    Bugeye Mafia > *

can i make it solid?

The best thing to do is go for an extended test drive. Leave the radio off & drive around a while to see if you can see yourself driving the car on a daily basis.

The WRX interior is by no means cheap, but it's not as nice as an Acura, Audi, BMW, etc.
    "No country has ever benefited from a protracted war."

- Sun Tzu

I'm trying to get me a 02 or an 03 WRX too
    Randy
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Aspen White

Can anyone tell me the pros and cons from buying it at the dealer and the pros and cons from a private seller thanks.

you would probably want to go through a dealer because 90% of the people with these cars launch at every stop sign. I'm not saying all the dealers are better, but it would probably be easier to find a more trustworthy buy there. Not to mention if you wanted warranty or not
    02 WRX - MODS
    Bugeye Mafia > *

i wonder if it's possible for a dealer to sell me a wrx for 15 or 16 since my trade-in value is $13,600 and and my finance i owe is $8000 so if i get it 15 all i need to do is finance 10. Unless i could get it to drop even more.

Quote Originally Posted by UURX02
    90% of the people with these cars launch at every stop sign.

that's the most BS statement I've ever heard

you must not go out much
    02 WRX - MODS
    Bugeye Mafia > *

Quote Originally Posted by Racersky
    Inline 4?
    nope, try again

hahaha I didn't even notice that
    02 WRX - MODS
    Bugeye Mafia > *

Now, now, lets not scare off a potential convert. I'm all about giving props to Subaru over any Honda built car.

It has a horizontally opposed boxer engine, not an inline-4.

One thing I learned very quickly when I purchased the car was that it is a loud MFer. I don't mean loud engine (at least on the stock end of the spectrum), I mean road noise. It didn't change my mind that it is still a bada$$ ride, it just kind of caught me off guard. This after I purchased the vehicle. I think I was so enamored with buying the car, I didn't notice a few of the fine details.

Aside from the roadnoise, not a thing I would change.

I just did a quickie search in the Seattle, WA area. I think the lowest one I saw was over $17k.
    Street-2000 BRP Impreza 2.5RS Sedan
    Snow-04 Nitro Voltage 158/06 Burton Custom Bindings/04 Vans Fargo Boots
    Photo-Canon 20d and some lenses
    Tech-Apple iBook G4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.