New To Subaru
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New To Subaru within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello guys, and gals, Im a newbe here too. Just picked up my first new car. Got a 05 WRX ...

New To Subaru

Hello guys, and gals,

Im a newbe here too. Just picked up my first new car. Got a 05 WRX with about 20 miles on it. So far I am loving it... except those paper speakers it has.. thats kind of a downer. But its nothing I cant fix . Well I came over from the Honda world which I loved and still do love. In fact I still have my beloved DelSol. I dont think I can part with it. Well thanks for listening.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

welcome, you'll find with time you'll love your wrx more and more. any plans for mods?
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

Well for right now im just trying to keep it as stock as possible but im sure I will change the speakers and also add a sub to it. Im also going to lower about 1.5 and slap some better looking wheels on there with some performance tires. Im planning on keeping these rims and tires for the snow. Other than that just some minor interior mods like a shift knob and junk like that. Than again if it ends up like my honda then i might snap and call a buddy of mine and take his parts that he already wants to give me. I guess I wouldnt mind larger injectors a front mount IC and upgraded tubo with all the motor internal upgrades too. Not a bad way to hit 11's without spending a penny on parts. hehe

aren040--I'm in the same boat. I'm in the market for a new '05 WRX. I currently have a '98 Civic...yes, it's riced out. I've grown out of that scene though and want something that's quick out of the box.

Any major changes from the '04 to the '05 WRX? I would be trading in my Civic so I don't want to make the wrong decision with the WRX. Any info. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Joe

05's have different dashes. other than that everything is about the same, i think. nice i wish i had a buddy willing to part out to me

If you are looking for different rims check out rota's. they make pretty good rims for wrx's, both strong and look pretty good on them too. check out subydude.com they usually have a pretty good selection.

<=====my old baby

welcome...

zapman--If the dashes are the only thing that has changed between the '04 and '05 then I don't know which year I would be better off with? Good suggestion with the rims. I'm not crazy about the stock 16's...eventually I might go with SSR Competition 17's (gunmetal w/ polished lip). I have them in silver for my '98 Civic and love them. I'm shop around and take a look at the Rota's when the time comes.

XxScoobYxX--thanks.

just do a search for changes and you'll probably find a thread with all of them. personally i like the old style dashes better. the new one is too luxurious for the car and it looks out of place, but its your opinion. SSR competitions are awesome, i wish i could afford some. while your still new arround here the search button will be your best friend.

<=====my old baby

Quote Originally Posted by zapman
    just do a search for changes and you'll probably find a thread with all of them. personally i like the old style dashes better. the new one is too luxurious for the car and it looks out of place, but its your opinion. SSR competitions are awesome, i wish i could afford some. while your still new arround here the search button will be your best friend.
    Thanks. I just posted in the new member area. Believe me...I'm trying to take advantage of the search button...it can get frustrating though because of all the info. accumulated.

yeah some times it definately takes a while to get used to.

Some quick advice: bov (blow off valves) neither add or take away power at stock boost levels but they sound awesome in my opinion, and intakes are pointless with the stock turbo. as long as you do a search and try to find information on anything else besides those two topics people won't jump on you about starting threads looking for info.

oh yeah, try to avoid the ecu threads too. the stickies in most threads will contain alot of information that should help you out with problems related to that topic.

<=====my old baby

There are a couple of things that changed from 94 to 95. The side molding got painted, that was an option in 04 and then there is the interior that got redone and I kinda like the new one better. My friend with the 04 said that the clutch might be different but i dont think so, i think mine is just new. and then there is the black housing in the headlights that the 04 doesnt have. there is the different wheels and the different muffler. that should be it. I know my frined with the 04 got a little pissed because they changed a lot of stuff. but still. As for the Rota's, thats some good advice. I am still running some Group N's (Mugen RnR copies) on my DelSol. Love those wheels. Cheap, Lite, Durable. Cant go wrong. BTW anyone know where I can get the MOMO knob for cheap? I dont want to pay 70 or 80 bones for that? Oh and as for the search button... trust me I know... I got flamed a butt load of time on Honda-Tech.com.....hehe.

And my suggestion to you BLUEWRX8 is to go with the 05 if you have the extra cash. I mean I got mine for 23000 and that was with the rear spioler, the shortshifter, and the "Security Wheel Locks" . thats the biggerst bull ever... security wheel locks..... im not a theif and i can have those off in 2 minutes. hehe

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome...and Congrats on the New car! I'm sure you'll soon LOVE the subie...I was to, a Honda lover! I had a 03 civic I loved so ...so .. MUCH! I then was talked to about the WRX by my boyfriend... I love the fact that the car is Fast , Reliable and Safe! But I do miss my civic... ( at times...) But...Now I LOVE MY WRX! I cant stop modding it...I spend all my time and money into this car! Its my Pride and Joy!
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

zapman--Thanks for the thread warning I knew that BOV's didn't increase power but I thought they decreased HP and/or torque. Would it affect the performance if the boost was raised? What is the factory boost by the way? Thanks.

aren040--Did you buy your '05 with any rebates? You said $23,000--that's close to Subbie's invoice cost. Did you get it at invoice? Even though I want the premium package for the sunroof and heated seats I'm not crazy about the wing. I'm hoping the dealer will swap trunks with me. Any dealer advice you can give me to get the best price? Thanks.

03WRX_YELLOW--I know the feeling. I modded my Civic like crazy...hardly any performace gains Aparantly, Subie's gain substantial power from a few bolt-ons (i.e. downpipe, uppipe, exhaust, ecu reflash). I also love my Civic but I think I'm making the right decision here.

aren040--I forgot to ask you if there was another reason, besides the improvements from the '04's, that you recommended me buying an '05? Thanks.

i don't know how they could lower performance, the only time there is a difference is when you shift and it goes off, which if it is an external bov causes your engine to run rich for a microsecond. but it closes right back up after it lets off the pressure. it lowers your horsepower when your not accelarating at all

If you are running increased levels of boost it helps, cause the stock one has a tendancy to leak above stock boost levels. stock boost is about 14.5 psi.

<=====my old baby

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.