New To Subaru - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New To Subaru within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well bluewrx8 the 23,000 i got was with the 3000 discount and then i got extra money off like that ...

Well bluewrx8 the 23,000 i got was with the 3000 discount and then i got extra money off like that stupid detailing fee and crap and i got the short shifter and spoiler thrown in because they couldnt get me the color i wanted (white) so i picked up the crystal gray metalic for that deal. it was a steal, i think.

the reason i recomended the 05 is because of the little minor things such as the headlights and the muffler and the interior. but like i said it all depends on how much you got to spend. being from the honda world i know that that doesnt mean anything because everything is interchangable (i.e. the saab 9x lether seats will fit the WRX because its the same damn car... hehe) so you can change the molding and the headlights and if you go aftermarket exhaust then you dont care about the muffler. honestly around where I am there were no NEW 04's and I dodnt want to go through the hasstle of trying to find a used one that had not been raped. this way i get to brake it in, i am the first owner, and i know exactly what happens to it. plus the price difference is not that great. maybe around a grand (thats 1000).

I can give you a suggestion and tell you how I did it and mayeb it will help you and maybe it wont.

First I e-mailed 4 dealers and said 22,500 is what im willing to pay for a white one and 2 laughed at me and one said it was impossible. then the 4th said we are the largest dealer in cali so we can do it or come within inches. then i go there and they dont have a white so we bargain and they are trying to puchh off whats on the lot so they give me a deal because they see how "dissapointed" i am that they dont have a white. after about 5 hours I had my scooby.

hope it helped if not you can always post more questions and i will help you out as much as i can.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zapman--Wouldn't a BOV increase boost lag being since the air is not redirected into the turbo? If BOV's don't affect the performance of a WRX then I'll probably get a Greddy Type-S when my warrenty expired. I had that BOV on my Civic---loved the sound!

aren040--I think it was a steal. Was the $3k discount a factory limited-time-only rebate? Subie is only offering a $1k rebate now through November 1st. I was actually aiming for $23k for my '05 Subie.

That's good to know about the same platforms with the Saab 9-series...I'll have to keep that in mind.

I'm incorporating a similar method but I think I should have changed my approach. I've been to 2 dealers already and have their prices. I didn't have a figure in mind...just wanted to get a general idea of what my payments would be. I've emailed 2 other dealers and I'll probably get some numbers from them tomorrow. I have another 2 dealers to check out by the end of the week but I'm going to stress the $23,000. Also, it's probably not a good idea to let the dealer know that I have a trade-in right off the bat because they might fudge the payments or something, right? I figure I'll have a number of dealers fight eachother for the best price.

Welcome to the club!!
    2002 Impreza 2.5RS

bluewrx8, dont let them know what you are willing to pay off the bat. Here is what I did and see what happens.

First call the dealership and speack to a dealer about some pricing. try to sound more mature and sophisticated (SP?). For instance this was me "hello i have contacted you to inquire about the pricing on your wrx's...". Then tell them "look I have a price in mind and that number is 22,500 ( 500 well below what they will sell for), I contacted other dealerships and they were not willing to work with me. Can you offer me this car for that price? I am a busy man as I am sure you are and do not have extra time to waste at the dealership. Can you help me out?"

Thats when (if he is like my dealer) he will say look I can help you but you need to come in.

Then you say if you can get me that price I will come in for further negotiations.

then he will say there is no guarantee but i can get you that price or within inches of it.

then you say ok ill be there Sat. afternoon for further negotiation.

(one word of advice: keep in mind they are trying to push the damn cars off the lot and they want to get rid of it on the spot so make sure they realize your not in a hurry and you want a DEAL before you commit.)

Go in and say 22,500 they will say no you tell them 22,500 they will say 24,000 you tell them 22,500 they will say but its got....you say take it off! they argue you say look im here to buy a car... but you have to SELL it to me. any dealer is offering 24,000 i want more then they say ok 23,500 you say 22,500 they say ok ok we comprimize 23,000 you say well...... well...... well.... OKAY... BUT what am i going to get for having to choose my second pick of the color instead of the first. he says look ill wave that 300 dollar detailing fee. you say thats cool but I really wanted white ( being the rarest of the colores for some wierd ass reason ) then they will say well there is this *color* one with the short shifter (or spoiler or security upgrade or automatic jeking machine... whatever) and you say ahhh well i guess but now lets talk finance.

The end.

P.S. this was my experiance and yours may vary. BTW sorry about these long ass posts. hope they help someone.

mike270--

aren040--thanks for your post. The longer the better. I already made the problem of how bad I wanted the car and didn't really have a price I was aiming at. I came to the realization yesterday that the payments were not going to be doable for me. I rushed into this knowing that their promotion ended November 1st. So what I need to do is pay off my Civic, originally intended to pay it off in 2 years, a year from today...get more of a trade-in downpayment...save up additonal money to add to the downpayment...then finance instead of leasing it. I'm aiming at a year from now that I'll own the WRX I want. Your advice is going to come in handy. That's a good idea to call the dealerships instead of wasting gas going from dealership to dealership.

You said to offer $22,500. Some of the dealerships in NY and CT were invoicing their '05's at $25,000 with the premium package. A good starting point would have been $24,500? Also, when do you think Subaru will stop production on the '05's? Like I said I would like to get an '05 next November. Will the '06's have any changes?

yah man 22500 is basically improbable for the premium package. I was saying for the regular WRX. I also think its a good Idea to wait. Remember this is a big ass chunk of change. Dont rush into it no matter how bad you want it. I wanted it since they first hit the US shores but didnt get one untill now. Also with the rate suby is going there should be a body change soon. that might be a good option for you because you can either get the new body or as everyone knows when a body change is going to occur the previouse year cars get a huge price cut. Also from what I realized Suby always has some type of deal going on. So if you go in and they say they dont give it a week and they will. Best of luck to you and Enjoy the Honda world while you still have a chance to do so... I miss my burnouts and that damn 8K redline... hehe

aren040--The WRX's hit our shores in '02, right? Next year, when is the latest I can pick up a new '05? I think the next year's models get introduced in May. I need to find out how much time I have before Subie stops production on '05's and start's with '06's.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12