Welcome to me!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Welcome to me! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello Everyone! I just returned from my dealer and have brought home a WR Blue STi. WOW what a performer. ...

Welcome to me!

Hello Everyone!
    I just returned from my dealer and have brought home a WR Blue STi. WOW what a performer. I am looking forward to all the help and info on this site.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the club!!
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

Quote Originally Posted by STiguy
    Welcome to the club!!
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Was your previous car a S2000?

Oh, and I might as well be the first to demand pics!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-REX
    Was your previous car a S2000?

Oh, and I might as well be the first to demand pics!
    I was wondering the same thing
    Welcome!!!

No, my previous car was a 2004 Mini Cooper S (owned 11 months). The car before that was a 1995 Acura NXS (owned 10 months) and the car before that was an S2000(actually owned that for 3 years)! So you are correct, thats where I get my screenname.
    P.S. I should have some pics by the weekend.

CRAP!!!!!! U had an NSX?????? And you think an sti is a great performer???? thats cool comming from someone who has owned an exotic.....an s2000 I could understand being able to compare to but an nsx??? christ must be not as amazing of a car as it looks.....btw minis are alright in my book - it was between my rex and a cooper s - got the rex for the extra room, awd, subee reliability, and because its faster - also - remember to break your wrx in for 1000 miles under 4000 rpms - very important with the tranny and gearing and engine seals....a few slips of the lead foot is no biggie but its highly advised from all wrx people that i have spoken with that you wait a thousand or so miles to really romp on the car.
    Last edited by Danbob; 10-19-2004 at 08:03 PM.
    Blobeye Syndicate #48
    2008 Impreza Hatch
    Aztec Gold Metallic
    Missin' the WRX but not the money I am saving :-)
    My car's info

ooooh ... what was the best of the bunch??

Each of my cars, and I have also owned an Integra GSR, 1986 RX-7 and a Miata, had something special to remember them by. The NSX was an incredible performer, looker and handler! It was like being a shark and driving amongst the minnows. But that is exactly why I got rid of it. While 1/2 the people loved it and appreciated it for what it was, the other 1/2 looked at me and thought I was a show off and hated me for it. Also, I couldnt bring myself to keep using the NSX as a daily driver. The front spoiler was so low, it kept getting torn off by driveways. Not to mention I was always afraid of vandalism. I do think it was my best car............... so far.
    The S2000 was like a Miata, but with an INCREDIBLE engine. I loved it everytime I went over 6,000 RPMs (thus my screenname) but after 3 years it was time. Also I got a REALLY good deal on the NSX. I knew its previous owner and he cared for it incrediblly well.
    The RX-7 was a great handler and drviver, but I would get 13MPG in it just driving around. If I really got on it, I would get in the single digits! But it was smooth. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    The Miata was just a fun car, and who doesnt like a convertible. It is true what they say, "It is more fun to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow". With the Miata I could slide it and toss it while still at a relatively slow pace. Also the 34 MPG wasn't bad!
    The Integra also had an engine (similar to the S2000) that loved to rev. I could beat the car for all it was worth, but it stuck to the pavement and enjoyed it. I am not a big fan of front wheel drive tho.
    The Mini was really more enjoyable that I imagined. It really did handle like a go-kart, and I just just as many looks, and quite a bit more compliments, in the Mini than in even the NSX. People would come up to me all the time and start talking about it. It made people happy just by its styling.
    Most of my friends still bust on me for getting rid of my cars, and ask why I change. I just like to experience different cars, types of engines, handling differences etc.
    Life is short, eat dessert first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

man you have had some great cars, and you chose another great one too.

got any pics of the nsx?
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

Hows this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NSX5-a.jpg  

hot hot hot hot hot hot....i think you get the picture

even though its a little pixelated, it shows what i needed to see. THANK YOU
    - chris

Hows this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails STi3A.JPG  

almost as cool as the nsx, but wrb is the way to go!!!

thats what mine looks like...minus the wing, scoop, wheels...well uh...its blue
    - chris

damn nice previous cars....welcome

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.