New WRX owner

This is a discussion on New WRX owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi, just bought my WRX last month. It's a 2005 WRX sedan. I am thinking about getting into engine upgrades, ...

New WRX owner

Hi, just bought my WRX last month. It's a 2005 WRX sedan. I am thinking about getting into engine upgrades, but I have never tried messing around with this kind of stuff before. I love my new car, and am looking for ways to get the most out of it, and what better way than to talk with people who have been doing this stuff for a while.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!!! There are so many different avenues you can take with modding these cars, it comes down to preference. Read the sticky's at the top of the forums, and hang around here a bit. You will learn more than you ever expected!

Welcome!

Nice place to start out:

Start with exhaust (uppie, downie, catbackie)

Upgrade tires

Love the site

hey, thanx for the reception, fellows...i'm enjoying just wandering around the different threads. been definately considering the exhaust option...i just got back from the mountains of tennesse, gave my wrx its first real handling work out, the results were phenomanal...don't know how i lived without AWD for all this time...the stock power was definately more than adequate...the car felt like it was home on those narrow winding roads... anyway, my point is, i am not looking to make a super car, but a little more punch and maybe a more aggressive sound is what i'm looking for.

welcome, I am a fairly new member myself. I just installed a turboxs TBE, larger TMIC, and utec ecu upgrade on my 2002 sedan, and the power increase is amazing. My car flies. Of course I'm gonig to need better brakes now. But anyway my point is, that first I installed the TBE, and was extremely happy with the power output and the rumble from the tailpipe. I would say turbo-back exhaust is the way to go for the first upgrade.

Is there an actual noticable difference in hp w/ TBE?