New Guy: RSX to WRX in March
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New Guy: RSX to WRX in March within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi guys, my names Chris and i currently drive an '02 Acura RSX 5MT which goes off lease in December. ...

Cool New Guy: RSX to WRX in March

Hi guys, my names Chris and i currently drive an '02 Acura RSX 5MT which goes off lease in December. I plan on getting a new car in March. Ive gone in circles trying to find a car to replace my beloved RSX. Its hard to beat my car...great styling, somewhat luxurious interior, decent pick up (7.2 sec ewww), tons of cargo space, 33mpg hwy, etc. But its FWD, NA, and im getting tired of seeing a million of em on the street. so ive looked at the S2000, 350Z, S4, Evo, STi, R32, etc and i think ive come to the perfect decision. an '05 WRX 5MT w/ premium package. AWD, Turbo, 5.5sec 0-60, room for 4 (well 5 but ya know), and you can get one for around $24,000. Now the hardest decision is color. Aspen White, San Remo Red, or Crystal Gray Metallic. I like white cars, would get the STi in white/gold. San Remo Red, love red, very sporty, and rarer color for WRX. and CGM, well, my car is Desert Silver Metallic, very similar, love metallic paint.

so this is just me saying Hi, im a long time poster on ClubRSX, S2Ki, my350Z, evoM, Audizine, and recently i-club, NASIOC, and now clubWRX, so im not a n00b when it comes to vbulletin, searching, or anything. just a n00b to the WRX.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey man

First, welcome to the club Make sure to search EVERYTHING. Heck, when I first came to the club, I barely even posted the first 6 months, I just spent an hour or so a day just reading up and learning new stuff on the car.

There's a wealth of information on this site, and Nasioc, and If you can't find something, feel free to ask us

Welcome.

Are you in Boston or NY for school right now?
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by WRC_Obsessed
    Welcome.

Are you in Boston or NY for school right now?
    I go to Northeastern University in Boston, MA. its my 3rd year in Boston. and currently im on a 6month Co-op (paid internship) at Merrill Lynch here in Boston.

hahahha just noticed your location, love the Pru...so many hot chicks, and krispy kreme. LOL.
    Last edited by D0WNxSH1FT; 10-15-2004 at 08:31 AM.

Cool. I graduated from NU and got my current job through the coop program. Great deal.

Hope to see you around. Check out the local forum for meets.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

yea ill def check out the NE boards. Do you know Mark? he had an tuned RSX, and now he has a Bug Eye Rex in Solar Yellow w/ FMIC, among other things. he's from NH. i dunno his handle on the WRX boards but he was MTO RSX on CRSX. great guy.

welcome. you made a nice choice with the rex. very well done all around car. all the colors you chose are great too. they are all pretty rare so you won't go wrong with any of them. oh yeah...the room for 4 thing...well if your tall like me, you need the seat almost all the way back and there isn't much room any more lol oh well

happy modding
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT
    yea ill def check out the NE boards. Do you know Mark? he had an tuned RSX, and now he has a Bug Eye Rex in Solar Yellow w/ FMIC, among other things. he's from NH. i dunno his handle on the WRX boards but he was MTO RSX on CRSX. great guy.
    Not sure if I know him. Does he have a Cobb exhaust tbe?
    -Brian

WRC--

isnt that the mark that pulled up to the game w/ the yellow bugeye?
    Vanitas vanitatum...et omnia vanitas

Not sure. If that was then that is not who I am thinking of. :shrug:
    -Brian

welcome!

good to have you. you're looking at some sweet cars. hopefully we can help guide you to the dark side of suby tuning.

i'm in boston too, FYI, so stay tuned for our next meet.

thanks for the welcome guys. i looked around the NE boards and i found 'MTO WRX' thats definetly him. hes got a Red Sox "B" avatar. not sure of his mod list besides the FMIC. hes got a lot done, it idles likes a V8. lol.

March isnt that far away, cant wait!

Quote Originally Posted by gusto
    WRC--

isnt that the mark that pulled up to the game w/ the yellow bugeye?

yes sir that was me.
    03 Sonic Yellow WRX
    teamxxxracing

A+ Detail

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT
    thanks for the welcome guys. i looked around the NE boards and i found 'MTO WRX' thats definetly him. hes got a Red Sox "B" avatar. not sure of his mod list besides the FMIC. hes got a lot done, it idles likes a V8. lol.

March isnt that far away, cant wait!

hey chris
    welcome to the dark side....
    03 Sonic Yellow WRX
    teamxxxracing

A+ Detail

Quote Originally Posted by MTO WRX
    yes sir that was me.
    OK. I do remember you. You were lucky enough to be parked furthest away from fly balls. I was busy stressing about my STi.
    -Brian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast