difference between the model years?

This is a discussion on difference between the model years? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Sup guys. I've been drooling over WRXes for a while. I'm graduating next april so I figured I deserve a ...

difference between the model years?

Sup guys.

I've been drooling over WRXes for a while. I'm graduating next april so I figured I deserve a grad present -- I'm shopping for a WRX.

Is there a comprehensive list of all the difference between model years?

Here (in Canada) a 2002 WRX goes for $25k, 2003 for $28k and a 2004 is way up at $35k or so. The only cosmetic difference I noticed was the different headlight unit for 2004s. Also 2004 seem to look a bit more agressive somehow. Nothing that I can put my finger on though. But I figure for a $10k difference between 2002 and 2004 I should be able to do tons of mods (if I'm so inclined) and get it to look as agressive as I want to. So, thoughts (and differences too)?

-d

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by trae
    Sup guys.

I've been drooling over WRXes for a while. I'm graduating next april so I figured I deserve a grad present -- I'm shopping for a WRX.

Is there a comprehensive list of all the difference between model years?

Here (in Canada) a 2002 WRX goes for $25k, 2003 for $28k and a 2004 is way up at $35k or so. The only cosmetic difference I noticed was the different headlight unit for 2004s. Also 2004 seem to look a bit more agressive somehow. Nothing that I can put my finger on though. But I figure for a $10k difference between 2002 and 2004 I should be able to do tons of mods (if I'm so inclined) and get it to look as agressive as I want to. So, thoughts (and differences too)?

-d
    02 and 03 are pretty much the same except some very minor changes. 04 has a different front bumper, headlights, taillights, hood scoop, different seats, different gauge cluster with centered tach and red needles, boost gauge moved... Everything else is the same.
    Leo -
    2004 WRX Sedan (Mommy's Little Monster)
    -=Team Blue Sedan=-

i just picked up a MY05 4 days ago, and i also noticed that it doesn't have an antenna, the antenna is integreated into the rear windshield which is NOOOOOOIIIIIICE!!!

The MY04/05 suspension are direct swap w/ the STi, so dropping an STi suspension is easy.

yeah, that's pretty cool. I wish my antenna were in the glass or somewhere else. Oh, and I wish it worked too.
    My cat's breath smells like cat food.
    Le Car

MY04 also has unpainted sideskirts.

word on the streets says the tranny in an 04+ is a little stronger than 02-03 also. the seats are very nice in an 04 also...more of a racer type seat imo.

i would watch out for buying used as some may have been parted back to stock. so who knows how hard a life it has had. thats why i bought an 04 new cause only i could have driven it hard
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...