difference between the model years?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on difference between the model years? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Sup guys. I've been drooling over WRXes for a while. I'm graduating next april so I figured I deserve a ...

difference between the model years?

Sup guys.

I've been drooling over WRXes for a while. I'm graduating next april so I figured I deserve a grad present -- I'm shopping for a WRX.

Is there a comprehensive list of all the difference between model years?

Here (in Canada) a 2002 WRX goes for $25k, 2003 for $28k and a 2004 is way up at $35k or so. The only cosmetic difference I noticed was the different headlight unit for 2004s. Also 2004 seem to look a bit more agressive somehow. Nothing that I can put my finger on though. But I figure for a $10k difference between 2002 and 2004 I should be able to do tons of mods (if I'm so inclined) and get it to look as agressive as I want to. So, thoughts (and differences too)?

-d

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by trae
    Sup guys.

I've been drooling over WRXes for a while. I'm graduating next april so I figured I deserve a grad present -- I'm shopping for a WRX.

Is there a comprehensive list of all the difference between model years?

Here (in Canada) a 2002 WRX goes for $25k, 2003 for $28k and a 2004 is way up at $35k or so. The only cosmetic difference I noticed was the different headlight unit for 2004s. Also 2004 seem to look a bit more agressive somehow. Nothing that I can put my finger on though. But I figure for a $10k difference between 2002 and 2004 I should be able to do tons of mods (if I'm so inclined) and get it to look as agressive as I want to. So, thoughts (and differences too)?

-d
    02 and 03 are pretty much the same except some very minor changes. 04 has a different front bumper, headlights, taillights, hood scoop, different seats, different gauge cluster with centered tach and red needles, boost gauge moved... Everything else is the same.
    Leo -
    2004 WRX Sedan (Mommy's Little Monster)
    -=Team Blue Sedan=-

i just picked up a MY05 4 days ago, and i also noticed that it doesn't have an antenna, the antenna is integreated into the rear windshield which is NOOOOOOIIIIIICE!!!

The MY04/05 suspension are direct swap w/ the STi, so dropping an STi suspension is easy.

yeah, that's pretty cool. I wish my antenna were in the glass or somewhere else. Oh, and I wish it worked too.
    My cat's breath smells like cat food.
    Le Car

MY04 also has unpainted sideskirts.

word on the streets says the tranny in an 04+ is a little stronger than 02-03 also. the seats are very nice in an 04 also...more of a racer type seat imo.

i would watch out for buying used as some may have been parted back to stock. so who knows how hard a life it has had. thats why i bought an 04 new cause only i could have driven it hard
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.