Need More Power with little cash

This is a discussion on Need More Power with little cash within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; undefine Ok i am looking for whp with out spending a crap loads of cash . Is a turbosx intake ...

Need More Power with little cash

undefine Ok i am looking for whp with out spending a crap loads of cash . Is a turbosx intake good and cobb access port ? and need a good exuast with dual tip keep it lookin like stock thanks beaks out

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

For bang for the buck, without removing cats get the Accessport.

skip intake.

get AP.

borla hush from daddys is the best twin tip and the cheapest price on borla around.

youre lookin at a grand though and that exceeds "not much money"
    Vanitas vanitatum...et omnia vanitas

Quote Originally Posted by gusto
    skip intake.

get AP.
    ditto
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

If you have a stock WRX then I say the best cheap bang for the buck would be a catless uppipe. That should only run you a couple hundred bucks if that. Next would be the rest of the exhaust.

As everyone else said, skip the intake. You don't need it until you have a stage 4 car.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

I Support ClubWRX
    If you don't mind getting your hand dirty while breaking federal law and contributing to global polution problems, all the while making lots of noise:

1. Remove your up-pipe, gut it (do a search for how-to), replace it.
    2. Get some management on the used market - check the for-sales.
    3. Buy a used stock down-pipe. Chop it. Have your local exhaust shop bend up some 2.5" piping. Weld from the chopped downpipe fitting to the stock muffler. Or, buy a used aftermarket downpipe, have said shop fit the rest together using the stock muffler.

You are looking at over 20 kW for not a tremendous amount of money - plus potential fines etc.

PS The stock car is not lacking power; I'd start from the wheels up for mods but that's only IMO.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

my first mod was a Silencer Delete Elbow, not a real performance mod, but made it sound a little better.

as you can see the stock one is ugh!!!

PICS