what's up with the mellon heads??

This is a discussion on what's up with the mellon heads?? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm new around here....Someone want to fill me in on the abundance of "mellon head" avatars?????...

what's up with the mellon heads??

I'm new around here....Someone want to fill me in on the abundance of "mellon head" avatars?????
    BluStreek

"...nothing happend in the past, it happend NOW...nothing will happen in the future, it happens NOW....NOW is all we ever really have....."

"Live fast, be happy, have fun!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    I know, these guys are crazy

yeah i wanna know too.

I Support ClubWRX
    Do a search on "Limehats" - they are not mellons.

Zem
    In days of yore, well before your time, young one, there was a great battle. It was the battle between Fritz and the Limehats. I will tell you the tale....

Eli (Ebr0t) got himself an avatar with a kitty who looked quite upset with the lime fashioned into a helmet and put on its head. It was quite cute.

PoorAssRacing loved living in Boulder. He got to see women sunbathing topless from his office. This made a wonderful start of a thread in the Mountain States region, where the Coloradopudlians were gaining strength. Led by Zem and his merry band (many of whom contended they did not follow Zem, but I'm writing this so they can shove it), the Mountain Staters had utterly secluded themselves... and they were happy about it. They came to regard themselves as pirates for their wonderful ability to hijack threads. This thread I mentioned, it was wonderful. It was about nothing. Somewhere in this thread it became relevant to find out where PAR worked, and post pictures from his office's website. We found a fellow named "Fritz". The artist Ian (Rancid) turned him Fritz into a pirate, with a green blob parrot on his shoulder. I believe PAR was turned into viking.

Weeks passed, and Sam added, quite tastefully, Fritz the parrot (taking the name of his former master) to his avatar. Soon, everyone in the Mountain States had a Fritz in their avatar. And not much later we got Fritz stickers, on all our cars.. even the ESX WRX.

Since we were essentially direct competition for the Off Topic fellows, they began putting lime hats on all of their avatars. The coolness of Fritz was challenged, the gauntlet tossed down... and it was picked up.

The great battle ensued... the details are too gruesome to recount now. It was truly frightening. In the end, it came to a poll, and those bastard Limehatters cheated. Such is the way of the weak minded.

It seemed an uneasy peace would be reached. Afterall, it is far more important to argue the merits of the enginerd over the archetype instead of hats and birds. Besides, the limehatters lost focus... largely because limes do not fit on most human heads. So, they moved on to other fruits. As we know, fruits all love each other, so it's ok.

Living in seclusion and ignoring everyone was a wonderful plan for the Mountain Staters and their beloved bird, Fritz. But the moderators said we should venture forth into the rest of the community. They were quite forceful about it, in fact. We fought ferociously at first, but then we got somewhat tired of and just came out of our mountain caves. It turns out not everyone on the rest of the forum is entirely unworthy... like TurboMonkey.

And that's how we came to the forum you find today, young one. I hope you enjoyed this little recounting. Now I need to do some more work before I get fired....
    Let justice be done though the heavens should fall.
    -John Adams

I Support ClubWRX
    Great bedtime story! I now know more of the story - thanks! They do need the practice with the search button though ...
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 10-14-2004 at 04:40 PM.