hello all !!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on hello all !!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey guys i dont have a subaru.. . i got a 91 celica gt-s . its my first car and ...

Talking hello all !!!

hey guys i dont have a subaru.. . i got a 91 celica gt-s . its my first car and once i learn how to drive stick real good im gonna sell it and buy a subaru . i like the 2000 i love the way the lights are !! prob a wrx or sti i want turbo !!! lol well just sayin hi . how much do 2000 wrx and sti's normally run for ??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

welcome to the club. unfortunately for you, they didnt bring the WRX to the US until 2002, with the newer bugeye bodystyle. the STi didnt arrive until 2004 with the current bodystyle.
    the older bodystyle is available as a 2.5RS which is a fun car too.
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

Welcome!

a 2000 wrx or sti would cost an arm and a leg, because you have to import it from Japan!

Just playing, but there are no 2000 production wrx's or sti's in the US. The wrx first made it's usa debut in 2002.

o ok i didnt know that .. i dont really like that bug eye one... i seen pics of that 2000 its sexy. how much would it cost imported ???

cant be done unless they taken it apart piece by piece, ship it in pieces, and reassemble it over here - unless you know someone..... what you could do is import the parts and build one out of a gc8 style impreza ......I know somepeople who have done this.....again if you know the right people its not as expensive as you might think.....
    Blobeye Syndicate #48
    2008 Impreza Hatch
    Aztec Gold Metallic
    Missin' the WRX but not the money I am saving :-)
    My car's info

TURNwrx - wheres your lime?

wait they make the 2.5 rs in that style so cant i just get that and swap the engine or turbo it ?

yeah you could do that, but it takes a lot of time, knowledge and money. i mean A LOT of all of those. so its not realistic for most. if you really love that bodystyle why not consider a 2.5RS with intake, headers, and exhaust? its nothing to be underestimated. if you are more concerned with the performance then you will overlook the aesthetics and go for a newer WRX or STi.
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

o ok but is there alot of perfomance parts and stuff for that 2.5rs ?? cuz i want to be quick as hell !! like kill any civic, integra, crx, 2004 cavalier, all them ..

and how much does a 2000 2.5 rs run for ?

first off - don't make your car a stop light queen - if you want a stoplight queen then buy a mustang or an old supra something that goes in a straight line - you will quickly learn if you buy an older RS or a wrx that the fun of this car is not really its accelleration (even though its quite impressive) but its all wheel drive, handling, and prowess with which it takes to a nice backroad bone stock......
    secondly - there are plenty of performance parts for a 2.5 rs but like I said - performance doesnt equal horsepower all the time.......performance = the whole car and how it is upgraded/effectiveness of the modifications on quality of driveability
    lastly ....Do some more research on cars in general......I dont know if a subaru would be the right car for you.....sounds like you wanna have something to take to a strip regularly.....u dont need/want an all wheel drive car necessarily for this.....launching an awd car continuously in grad racing situations over a period of time will do a lot more damage to the car then it would if it was 2 wheel drive......I would explain but I am sure you can get an idea - has to do with gears, tranny, drivetrain, etc....

A lot of people are under the misconception that you buy a wrx because it is fast as hell and more affordable/reliable than most cars that have its power....but really you buy one because it is a great car, you love to drive, you want to be/are a good driver, and you want something that can handle all types of weather/terrain without compromising the performance of a sports car......theres more but I think you'll get it......good luck - Dan
    Blobeye Syndicate #48
    2008 Impreza Hatch
    Aztec Gold Metallic
    Missin' the WRX but not the money I am saving :-)
    My car's info

thanks alot dan. but one more q how much do they normally run for ??

2000 Subaru Impreza

Kelly Blue Book Price $9,225 - $12,750

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.