Hi, newbie wagon owner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Hi, newbie wagon owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi all, GREAT SITE!!! I just got a new '04 blue wagon this month :P Love it so far. I ...

Hi, newbie wagon owner

Hi all,
    GREAT SITE!!!

I just got a new '04 blue wagon this month :P Love it so far. I had a 98 outback sport that was great just guttless

No mods yet, I did get the arm rest,factory boost gauge,filtration system,cargo net,rear bumper protector and talked them into a rear view compass/dimming mirror

I plan on getting a new rear sway bar, not sure which yet. Been scouring this sight for info, seems like the stock 20mm sedan one would be ok with new drop links. I was thinking of the whiteline ones with the less compiant bushings. From what I read looks like the solid ones might be too harsh?
    Also, been reading TONS hear on upgrading speakers. Thinking of Infinity Kappa 6.5's components for the front but cant get a real answer if these will go in without hacking. It looks like they will with the spacers from innovative auto. Any suggestions on sway bar/endlinks and speakers would be great!

oh, and new wheels next spring...right now thinking of getting 17" SSR competitions in anthracite. I have SSR integrals on my "other" Rex and love them.

sorry for the long post, back to searching for some answers
    Kalman

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome!!
    I got a new '04 wagon this year too ~ Love it!
    I've found some great info on this site ~ some really helpful people too.

I'm trying to start my mods in the engine ~ trying to learn all I can on the best way to get more cold air in and exhaust out.....breathing is good

Congrats on the Wagon!

welcome, suspension mods first and the car is 1000x better.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Thanks for the welcome !

I definatly want to do the rear sway bar and links, just need to decide on which one, there are quite a few options.

I now have 2200 miles on the car, from what I am reading I should prob change the oil now. Trying to decide whether or not to go to synth now or wait till the next change. Mobile 1 seems to be the oil of choice here Looks like I can go ahead and change to synth now?? What have you all done at this mileage?

Back to scouring for info, lots of it here!!

Thanks again for the help,
    Kalman

I'd probably get the adjustable and if i'm not mistaken hotchkis makes a bar that i've wanted to use on the wrx but i dont have mine anymore. Hotchkis IMO is top notch ****. aaanywho i'd probably wait another oil change for synthetic just to be on the safe side. i put synthetic in on many at 5000 i think or maybe6000.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Hi & Welcome,congrats on your new wagon.

Pete.
    WR Blue 02 WRX

Yeah go 04 wagons!
    TINA..... come eat your ham!!!

04 white wrx wagon stage 2.5

Thanks!!!

I'm about to do my first oil change. And then this weekend put some speakers in...or put more outlets and lights in garage first so I can see first
    So far so good on the wagon, I really like it.

rear sway bar/links are next woohoo!

Oh, I asked on another post but have not gotten a reply yet, I have the stock boost gauge and was wondering what the general idle reading is on other wagons. The gauge manual says .06 to .08? I get like .055 but the gauge is below 0 when the car is off so I guess its like 06.

Thanks again for the welcomes!!!
    Kalman

rear sway and endlinks were one of the first mods in my sedan, and I loved the difference!
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

wagons are the bestest thing evar!

welcome to the club
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Wagons I'd suggest starting w/ a oem 02 sedan rear sway bar- 20mm vs the 17mm you have now- that's ~ a 92% increase in rigidity. You can find them pretty reasonable, and if in the future you want more bar- you can easily resell for what you got it for. Links- look at the Poltec ones- sealed spherical ends- fit/finish A+.

Sorry don't know anything about stereos

Welcome aboard.

Big Sky <----used to own a sedan, know wagon

Hi & Welcome

Pete.
    WR Blue 02 WRX

Welcome to the club too! You should check out the perrin sway bar. They come with upgraded mounts and I have heard good things about it from my friend that also has it. Where in Washington are you located?

I was checking those perrin links out, I thought I read somewhere that the solid type transmitt more vibration, it this true? They do look really nice! And their swaybars look nice too. Thanks Bigsky, I was thinking about starting with the sedan bar, sounds like its a popular way to go for starters. What about the whiteline stuff? The alluminum endlinks with the yellow bushings? Oooo, also that perrin exhaust sounds really nice on the net, wondering how loud it is in real life I dont want anythign really loud but a nice rumble would be nice

wake2snow5, I am in spokane, dreading snow...errrr it might be funner with a 5spd this year heheh

The snow is awesome in the suby! I can't wait for the snow!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast