Hello! Need help w/dad's 05 WRX Wagon

This is a discussion on Hello! Need help w/dad's 05 WRX Wagon within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello, I've been browsing this forum, and there's lots of useful info. My dad just traded in his 97 M3 ...

MPJ

Hello! Need help w/dad's 05 WRX Wagon

Hello,
    I've been browsing this forum, and there's lots of useful info. My dad just traded in his 97 M3 for a WRX Wagon, gray, with pretty much no options. His birthday is this week, and I was looking for some small and relatively cheap (+ - $100) non-performance mods. I'm thinking mainly cosmetics. Any recommendations? TIA
    Matt

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User GetawayInBouldr's Avatar
    You could get him a new shift knob or a short-throw shifter. Maybe get his windows tinted if you can find a place thats fairly inexpensive.
    ~ Silver Wagon Club ~

One of the best 100 bucks I spent thus far on my WRX Wagon is the armrest extension. I do alot of long highway driving and it is very comfortable. You can get it at the dealer for about 100.00.

If he hasn't gotten it already rear bumper cover and/or cargo net. The cover has saved me from numerous scrapes loading/unloading cargo. The net really helps in securing smaller packages.

A good tint job on a sedan runs around $200, so I imagine the wagon would be a lot more.

The armrest extension is nice, but something aftermarket would be better I think.

Shift knob/shifter trim would be my suggestions.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke